Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

'My Boy' Monty

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by cristina1944, Apr 23, 2013.

1. cristina1944

cristina1944 PetForums Newbie

My beautiful boy Monty was put to sleep on the 5th April and he was cremated a week later. Monty was a rescue dog and I was told that he had been abused and had health problems he was aged between 8/9 yrs. When I took him to see the vet he told me he would not last a year but, we proved the vet wrong. We spent 5 wonderful years together and I would not have changed a thing.
    I know Monty is on Rainbow Bridge and one day we will be together again

Attached Files:

2. owns the beast

owns the beast PetForums Senior

Wow, that is pretty amazing you had 5 years together. Lots of happy memories to cherish. I'm so glad that the latter years of his life showed him love and happiness xx

3. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

What a lucky chap he was to find such a lovely caring and devoted family. I love it when a dog proves a vet wrong, don't you! ;)

RIP Monty, you lucky boy.

LPC likes this.
  4. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

So sorry to hear you have lost beautiful Monty. Just shows you what love can do, glad he had those happy extra years with you. He's with you in spirit if not in body.

5. cristina1944

cristina1944 PetForums Newbie

Thank you all for your kind words. I was so lucky to have found 'my boy' Monty. He was put to sleep 3 weeks ago but I miss him every minute of every day he was first dog I ever owned. Does the hurt ever go away?

6. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss of Monty.
    Regards to does the pain ever go away?
    I think we learn to live with it. The pain of loosing any pet is heart breaking but in time the Happy memories of our pets help us to carry on.
    In time you will perhaps have other pets and so life's circle continues.

I have a few at Rainbow Bridge and I hope one Day I will meet up with them all again.
    Which I am sure we are will;)

R.I.P Monty and have fun at Rainbow Bridge xx

7. janette shepherd

janette shepherd PetForums Junior

Monty was so lucky to have been loved so much and given five years of love and happiness.As for the pain its been 4 weeks since i made the heartbreaking decision to pts my old boy Bob and i miss him so much it consumes me.I have been told not to hold back if i need to cry then cry we all grieve in our own way.
    My boy was my world and he will always be in my heart as i know monty will be in yours.
    One day we will be with them again never to be parted.
    Run free Monty and Bob .xxxxx

8. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Its three weeks since we lost our beloved cat, YoYo. As you say, it does consume you and you do learn to live with it. As time goes by, other things crowd into your life which suppress the raw emotions you feel at the moment and, hopefully, sometime in the future you may feel in a position to help another poor soul. I always think that is what my lost pet would have wanted, me to help another animal needing someone to love them. We have three other pets, one who is disabled so needs a lot of care and is my focus.
    Friends and even my partner have all moved on and nobody is talking about YoYo anymore which saddens me. I know I am still feeling very unhappy inside, even though I don't show it, and I get so many moments when my emotions just well up and I still cry when I'm on my own but it is all part of the grieving process. People who don't understand expect you to be fine in a couple of weeks but it takes as long as it takes.

9. jonb

jonb PetForums Senior

sounds like Monty was lucky to find you and have some happy years
    RIP Monty run free at the bridge
    it does get easier in time..:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice