UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love it when people make assumptions about my boy!! I've heard him called a 'boring brown cob', 'ploddy cobby' and other things. What those narrowminded people don't see is the fire and fun he has inside!! We've recently started doing XC and while he's LOVING every minute of it...me at 41 and overweight is finding it a tad difficult to keep up!! :lol:

I've entered a Mini course comp in 2 weeks which hopefully will be the start of us doing more events (when my confidence meets his ability!!). Anyway this piccy was taken by my friend last week while messing around on our little course at the yard.

So those who think all cobs are plods and boring...think again!!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
:thumbup:I love a good cob.... sensible but up for fun too. I'm a fine breed lover myself, but I'd love one with a cob personality, they do have the better characters rather than the hot blooded that are a little "snobbish" whereas cobs are up for a laugh :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbup:I love a good cob.... sensible but up for fun too. I'm a fine breed lover myself, but I'd love one with a cob personality, they do have the better characters rather than the hot blooded that are a little "snobbish" whereas cobs are up for a laugh :thumbup:
:lol: Oh he's definately up for a laugh!!! Sunday at the XC course practice he threw himself down the steps...promply spun and ran back up again, spun and ran back down again!!!! Everyone was really laughing cos he just enjoyed it so much he had to go again!!!! I wish I had the energy to keep up with him!! I nearly fell off 3 times but each time he put his neck up to save me...he's a true treasure and I'm extreamly proud of him. :D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I love cobs and if I could ever have a horse it would be a cob or an irish draught!
I always feel safe on them even if they are a bit of a character. You cant beat a good cob

He is beautiful, can I swap him for rusty the dog? :eek: :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hes lovely and its great to see them in their natural state, have u ever shown him traditional classes. Ive got a sect D hes 17 now and hes brilliant, he will go on for a rider but if you put a novice or a child on him he is entirely different. Hes taught loads of people to ride. My hubby likes his bloods but give me a good cob any day:)

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hes lovely and its great to see them in their natural state, have u ever shown him traditional classes. Ive got a sect D hes 17 now and hes brilliant, he will go on for a rider but if you put a novice or a child on him he is entirely different. Hes taught loads of people to ride. My hubby likes his bloods but give me a good cob any day:)
Last year I did a few showing classes, he got 2 1st's in the 2 Mountain and Moorland classes and reserve in one of the Championships so he does do quiet well but to be honest I find showing boring and I just can't be bothered with the work it takes to get himself and me looking good!!!:lol: We're both speed freaks really and enjoy jumping, but I'm hoping to get doing some Le Trek soon because I've done a training session day and loved it!! Loads of really good things to play at in that and it suits a horse and rider that hacks alot.

Kane's the same I can put anyone on his back in the school and he'll become a riding school pony!! Can't let just anyone on his back outside in the fields though cos he does have a tendency to bolt off!! It's all just fun to him but not so much fun for an unsuspecting rider!!! He's blind in his left eye so it makes him very spooky so he's definately not a novice ride!! I'm just lucky I've owned him since he was 3 so I'm used to his ways now and we get along just fine.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I know nothing about horses, but he looks absolutely beautiful! And you look remarkably relaxed and happy being on a horse mid jump lol. Brilliant pic!
xxx

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know nothing about horses, but he looks absolutely beautiful! And you look remarkably relaxed and happy being on a horse mid jump lol. Brilliant pic!
xxx
:lol: Okay I'll have to show you one of the 'out takes'!!! Upon landing this jump (which is tiny...even I can usually jump higher than this!!) he bucked and bolted off across the field so I think my facial expression is quiet warrented!!:lol:

:eek:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Your right it must be a nightmare doing his feather, Ive got the greatest of respect for people who show coloured trads they must either be up around 4am or bandage and rug everything, theres an absolutely beautifull coloured driving cob around here, his mane is nearly on the floor and it is immaculate. I cant even keep my little sect a lead rein clean for long

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ahh I still think you look brilliant! I'd struggle getting -on- the horse, let alone letting it jump!
xxxxxx

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your right it must be a nightmare doing his feather, Ive got the greatest of respect for people who show coloured trads they must either be up around 4am or bandage and rug everything, theres an absolutely beautifull coloured driving cob around here, his mane is nearly on the floor and it is immaculate. I cant even keep my little sect a lead rein clean for long
I wish Kane's mane was that long!! I've always wanted it to be better but he was hogged when he came to me and it's taken years to get everything back the way it should be!! We've got a girl who shows her coloured mare and she's mainly white!! The amount of chalk and time she spends is beyond belief!!! She must spend more money on cleaning products than the entry fee's!!! She rarely wins either but I suppose she enjoys it so that's the point really.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What a beautiful cob.My shetlands great but would love a cob if i had a riding horse instead of a show pony.I can only manage a jump that big,or was it smaller?!!!!!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
You are doing very well.. Your cob has some scope there and I can see him jumping a hell of a lot bigger with you....
Having ridden and jumped everything froma shetland to a cob to an 18hh eventer.. I think cobs can be very exciting.. I also think your man has a stunning face and I am wondering what he looks like not going over the fence... is he of show cob type...
If I buy us another I want a dales or fell.. And my son wants to be able to jump and he is no mardy so it would have to be able to manage large open spreads... And I know many are more than capable..

The pics are lovely.. xxx

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I love it when people make assumptions about my boy!! I've heard him called a 'boring brown cob', 'ploddy cobby' and other things. What those narrowminded people don't see is the fire and fun he has inside!! We've recently started doing XC and while he's LOVING every minute of it...me at 41 and overweight is finding it a tad difficult to keep up!! :lol:

I've entered a Mini course comp in 2 weeks which hopefully will be the start of us doing more events (when my confidence meets his ability!!). Anyway this piccy was taken by my friend last week while messing around on our little course at the yard.

So those who think all cobs are plods and boring...think again!!! :lol:

:eek6:hes gorgeous:thumbup: xxxxxx

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Wow what a stunner! :D

He looks like he so enjoys doing the XC! Looks good fun!

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Excuse me.......Kane is not a ''boring plod cob'' :eek: Kane is what my heart wants :lol:

I WANT WANT WANT him!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.