Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my bearded dragon...

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by celicababe1986, May 3, 2011.

1. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

is dead :(

I have clear vision of her viv, and usually in the day she is very active. Looking over I thought she was not moving today. When I picked her up she kind of feels like playdough. Her eyes are open but her legs have gone stiff into a frog shape, and her tummy looks like it has sunken in.

This morning she was picking at her carrot and greens, but ignoring the crickets. Then she crawled onto her basking rock. which is where I have just picked her up from.

I have her on my lap now just incase I am wrong, but she hasnt blinked or moved, and I cant hear her heart :cryin:

Why would this just suddenly happen, I am not sure on her age as I took her from people who didnt want her and tbh she wasnt getting looked after. she was only fed on mealworms before coming to me. she has always been small due to her bad start in life.

I have had her 3 and a half years.

R.I.P Angel. xxx

2. mommykel

mommykel Banned

you poor thing and what a poor girl!! some people just dont know how to look after animals or treat them right chin up chick :)

3. GemmyLou

GemmyLou PetForums Newbie

So sorry for your loss!
    x

4. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

Poor bay! so sorry for your loss Hun! hugs,

5. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

aHHH THATS SO SAD BLESS YOU FOR TAKING HER IN AND GIVING HER 3 AND A HALF GOOD YEARS. SHE MAY HAVE HAD UNDERLYING PROBS BEFORE YOU ENDED UP WITH HER. GOOD NIGHT LITTLE ONE. HUGS TO YOU ALSO. XXX

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Oh dear, poor baby..:( I think Beardies only live about 8 years if they are healthy, maybe she had just come to the end of her life..:confused:

7. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

Yes, I had the vet check her over just to make sur eit wasnt a disease that could effect the other one. He thinks it was old age. I have rehomed another female now. She is wonderful :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice