Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My beagle won't eat her food?!? To worry or not?!?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Holliecat, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Holliecat

Holliecat PetForums Junior

Think my beagle has had an upset tummy... 1x vomited yesterday and a few runny poops, she is fine in herself today (was a bit quiet yesterday). Today back to her normal beagle self nicking and steeling food if able however she will not touch her own food, I have boiled a big pan of rice for her which she will eat. It's just like she has gone off her food.

Incidentally we did change her food a few weeks ago but introduced it very gradually over the course of about a month

Should I be worried or is she just being picky, I don't want to swap her foods about

Many thanks

2. eiretzu

eiretzu PetForums Member

Well if she is stealing other more exciting food maybe she is being a bit fussy hoping she will get something else. Since you have just changed her food it might be a bit much to change it again so soon. I would try and be tough for a few days and just put down the food and pick up again after 20 mins and same again next meal time. Maybe if the upset tummy and diarrhoea continue a vet visit might be in order to check her over.

3. ethannarmion

ethannarmion PetForums Newbie

Does he look a little sick? My dog's like that when he is not feeling well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice