Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my babys having a biopsy done on thurs

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by lizzykaty, Jan 26, 2012.

1. lizzykaty

lizzykaty PetForums Member

my 9mnth old raggie has got to have a biopsy done on his feet pads as he has abnormal growths on them, vets dont know what it, has anyone else seen this before? could just be hard skin.
    photo.JPG

milo feet.JPG

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Sorry cant help,Ive not seen anything like that before,but didnt want to read and run.Hope the vet finds out what is causing this and that he is okay.Good luck and please let us know how he gets on.

3. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

let us know what they say x

4. thedeans

thedeans PetForums Senior

How did it go - have vets given any ideas what it could be??

5. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

Hi
    After seeing your post i decided to research this as i have always noticed Shedon has this from time to time and then they tend to disappear they look a little like dry skin on the ends of his pads near his claws then I found this on another forum hope its ok to post this link
    http://www.thecatsite.com/t/165707/ack-growth-on-paw-pad-photos

6. lizzykaty

thanks eveyone, its next thurs he has it done, i have looked on the net and the more you look the worse it gets ( cancer and things) so have stopped doing that now and shall wait and see what the vet says, but they have to remove them from the root so will be cutting into his pads :(

7. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Aw, I'm sure he will be ok. Even if it was cancer, it would be in an easily treated area I would think. But sounds like it's just a callous :smile5:

8. *Amber*

*Amber* PetForums Senior

Hello there, please read this before your vet starts cutting etc! My Year old Ragdoll boy has these yellowy hard areas on his pads, and sometimes they grow long like an extra claw, it looks horrible, but my vet says this is nothing to worry about, and I can just clip them off if they get long, they have no blood supply. It's a condition called Footpad Hyperkeratosis which is incurable. My vet said although it looks odd, it shouldn't cause him any problems, and it doesn't seem to.

Here are some pics of Marlow's feet, and I've put one to show how long they can become, but I just clip the long bits off. Hope this helps you and your vet, and prevents them doing any unnecessary cutting of his feet! :) xx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#8 *Amber*, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  9. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Agree with Amber. Sounds as if vet is recommending the biopsy because he's not familiar with this condition. A second opinion for a definitive diagnosis would be better prior to any surgery which could cause further problems including infections.

10. lizzykaty

got a 2nd opinion today, and they also said they would want to do a biopsy on it before they can say what it is or whats causing it. and i wont stop worrying until i know for certain what it is,

11. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

I would suggest what Amber's cat had to them first though-take a printout with you. Good luck

12. lizzykaty

hi amber, did your vet do a test or anything that i can suggest to my vet to do?

13. *Amber*

*Amber* PetForums Senior

Hi, no he didn't do any tests. He had a look and said straight away that it was hyperkeratosis, and was nothing to worry about. xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice