UK Pet Forums Forum banner

My Baby was killed by a car

Tags
cat grief
746 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Karina&Cat 
#1 ·
hello,

I’m hoping writing this well help as I am inconsolable right now.
Me and my partner got our kittens (2 brothers) back in October last year and they were our absolute life. The excitement we had to get home to our boys.. play with them.. love them and cuddle them.. we wouldn’t want to go out.. just stay in with them both... we decided to go on holiday for 10 days and all we talked about was our boys... our parents sent us daily photos of them and we couldn’t wait to get home to them! We were counting down the hours on the plane home...
When we landed, we were told one of our babies was killed instantly by a car... someone saw it happen and the car was going stupid fast! I literally can’t cope with the pain.. we had missed them so much for 10 days and were so excited to see them both... we had never imagined that our baby Buzz would not be there alive... we feel lucky as we got to kiss him goodbye and stroke him and burry him but it just doesn’t feel real... I am into the 3rd day of grief and I just feel I can’t get over it... please can someone help me?! I don’t know what to do with myself and my partner is in bits too.. I worked from Home and Woody was always out but Buzz (who was killed) always kept me company...
Please please tell me it gets better...

See less See more
#2 ·
So , so sorry Hannah, that is heart breaking.
I'm moving this to Rainbow Bridge , my cat also died on Friday but she was nearly 19.

#4 ·
I'm sorry for your loss, Hannah.x I can't imagine how I'd feel if I went away, and when I came back, my Holly was gone. TBH, I don't want to think about it.
Our pets aren't just pets, they are our family, and we love them with all our heart. You pain is real and "normal".
Yes, the pain does get better, but slowly. You learn to cope. I still miss our Betty who died 18 months ago, she was our world. I still have her photo on my phone, I can't take her off.
There are things which can help. Chatting on here helps as we're all animal people and most of us have lost a beloved companions at some point, so understand what you're going through.
I have a photo of our Betty on a keyring, and I smile when I see her, I know I will never forget her.

Hi Susie,
What is rainbow bridge?
My baby was only 10 months old and so full of life - we still have his brother and I feel awful but all I want is our Buzz back... how do you ever get over this?!
Rainbow bridge is where some believe our cats, dogs and other pets go when they die. x They are free to play forever.

Reactions: SusieRainbow
#5 ·
All I can say to help is that time eventually eases your pain. Bless you for what you are having to go through. When any loved animal is lost to us, the pain and grief is indescribable and overwhelming. I fully understand what you are feeling. If you need help or support, please post xxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.