UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they all now have their new home's ready to go to when 8 weeks old,:(

and yes we are keeping one named him zak.
so will have 7 dallies.:D

got long trip with them tomorrow for their ear test just to make sure they are ok.:)

·
Registered
18,554 Posts
cannot blame you keeping one did the same with one of my cats litters, its just so tempting to keep them. hoping to have litter of border collies in a year or so (bitch only 1 year now) hope I can resist keeping one.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cannot blame you keeping one did the same with one of my cats litters, its just so tempting to keep them. hoping to have litter of border collies in a year or so (bitch only 1 year now) hope I can resist keeping one.
we got a tri boarder that we might let have 1 set of pups she's 2 now but think will leave her untill 3 or so
was talking to the testing lady and she said that tri's and blue's can be born deaf as well theres 3% of them that are deaf.

·
Registered
18,554 Posts
there is a higher risk of blindness and defness if you breed two merls together, it should not be done under any sercumstances, a breeding should not hapen even if only one is a merle and the other has a merle gene in its line ither

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is a higher risk of blindness and defness if you breed two merls together, it should not be done under any sercumstances, a breeding should not hapen even if only one is a merle and the other has a merle gene in its line ither
interesting
so what whould you put to tess as said she's a tri
i would like to put a merle? but if it going to have more chace of deafness i wouldnt
not that breeding her yet anyway

·
Registered
18,554 Posts
My bitch is tyi colour (see avatar) I also have a blue merle dog, whith whom I would like to mate her
his hearing is fine so is hers and there is no merl gene in her blood line or any history os deafness so think I will go ahead with the mating.

Will not be for at least a year she is to young at the moment and will continue to do research to make sure I make the right decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.