Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My axie

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by BlackroseUK, Jan 28, 2008.

1. BlackroseUK

BlackroseUK PetForums Member

Pics of one of my axies. They both look the same :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Are they lansalotties? Can't spell that word but no doubt u know what i mean lol.
    My daughter wants one of them, She has gone on for ages for one.

3. BlackroseUK

no idea what you mean sorry lol. They are called axolotls and thats it as far as I know.
    They are kind of hard to get hold of near me, and I paid 20 each for them. Then I found them elsewhere for 8 each lol. oh well.
    I do like them, but wont have anything in water again- nothing that needs an aquarium anyway. Its too hard work.
    The only thing id ever have to do with water in future is a pair of frogs.

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

the word u said was what i meant :D i thought it was said and spelt another way lol.
    Do u feed em millworms?

5. BlackroseUK

I feed them a variety of bloodworms (their fave), brine shrimp and delphia I think its called which is like shrimp I think.
    Theyre all frozen, and you just take one or two cubes out the freezer three times a week and plop it in their tank or if you want to be more involved then you can tweezers and with the bloodworms wait till they grab it and then they'll go for it like sharks and start shaking the block about and with the tweezers on the other end you can drag them along slightly through the water. The reason I do this is because it mimicks anything they will get thats live in the wild that will stuggle. Plus its exercise lol.
    If they ever bite you when you put your hand in the water to do anything, it wont hurt, but dont pull. Keep your hand there and they will let go. You will hurt them if you pull. Its like valcrow

6. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

great pics they are really interesting pets, lovely :)

7. guineapigqueen

guineapigqueen PetForums Senior

I used to keep an Axolotl many moons ago, I had a male called Axel, he was a brown one.
    We used to give him live bloodworms and live crickets, I was told not to keep them on a sand bottom due to them ingesting the sand.

Emma x

8. scoobydoo

scoobydoo PetForums Member

awwwwww he looks just like our old boy pedro :) i love them and wouldnt mind getting another one

9. guineapigqueen

guineapigqueen PetForums Senior

I nearly come home with one the same as yours yesterday but I bought some fish for my large tank instead, hehe!

Emma x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice