Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My african grey causing me Embarrassment...

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by M.R Drake, Jan 24, 2012.

1. M.R Drake

M.R Drake PetForums Member

Hi;
    Someone here might have experienced this... So I'll just cut to the case:D what are some suggestions if your bird Have learned an inappropriate word??:eek: it's really embarrassing I know:cool:

2. mydog

mydog PetForums Junior

dont use inappropriate words around your birds its that simple,keep teaching good words and he might forget the bad ones but it will taks a long time,good luck.....tim p.s. you have to think if you need to sell him for what ever reason people wont buy him because of the bad language.

3. M.R Drake

M.R Drake PetForums Member

I had no idea that it would learn the word... I don't even use that word, but since he is in the living room and people sit, come and go there it makes me not surprised where it learned it... I definitely didn't teach him that word NEVER.
    I'll never sell my Africangrey :nonod:

4. Autaven

Autaven PetForums Member

I would just use nice words around him and when he says them, give him treats. When he says the naughty words, do not give him attention such as laughing etc :) It's embarrassing yes but don't stress over it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice