Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My 7 1/2 week Bouvier puppy!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jen4jenuk2000, Jul 19, 2009.

1. jen4jenuk2000

jen4jenuk2000 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I thought i'd add a few pictures of Jorge, we only picked him up today. He's already being a little pickle and he certainly has a bark on him!

Jenna

Attached Files:

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Isn't he a total cutie! :001_wub:

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Another Bouvier puppy he's so adorable. :001_wub: Another one for my dognapping list.

4. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

He is gorgoues

5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

hes Adorable!!!:001_wub:

6. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

he's lovely, my friend has one and he is 15 weeks old now:)

7. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Very Cute! Enjoy him :)

8. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

He's a real sweetheart. I love the pic of him on his back.

9. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

What a gorgeous little sweetie! :001_wub:

10. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Oh my gosh Jenna. You must be totally thrilled with him. He is gorgeous looking. Our Paddy doesn't have a tail so I was intrigued to see what shape Jorge's tail would be.
    Does Jorge have a white marking on his chest or is it the camera flash?
    And he is a barker already?
    How's your GoldenDoodle reacted to the new arrival?

:D

11. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I am going to stop looking at these gorgeous puppy threads, I am getting sooo puppy broody.

12. jen4jenuk2000

Chris,

Thanks, he is a sweetie. If I can get a photo of his tail i'll send it to you, it curls over his back. Dexter wants to dominate him by standing over him, there is 100% no aggression from his side just when the puppy walks away Dexter thinks it's a game and chases him and can be slightly rough. Jorge can look after himself though he is growling and telling him off when it hurts and then a play growl when they being nice. So hopefully once the novelty has worn off Dexter will ignore and not chase around the house like he would if he were a cat! :)
    It's fun doing the toilet training as he doesn't want to go on concrete, he'll try and go on the carpet so we scoop him up and dash outside and we'll be there for 1/2 hour and he wont go, then we bring him inside and he'll go straight away!! can't undderstand it. He did go outside this morning so it's just a case of patience I think. How hard was It at first with Paddy, I know he a few weeks older when you got him. How is Paddy anyway?

Jenna

13. jen4jenuk2000

Oh and yes he has a white mark on his chest and inbetween his toes! that will go apparently. He has a few ginger bits on his head, so he completly multi-colored!

Jenna

14. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

SNAP, he is adorable:)

15. stellasmama

stellasmama PetForums Member

What an adorable pup!!!!!!

16. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

LOL. Sounds as if he has settled straight in with your household!

Re: The toilet training. Well on Sunday I was lucky enough to meet with Mike Oliver of Trapwood Kennels (now retired), who was also an A-Panel Kennel Club Judge and judged at Crufts!
    We spent a few hours at his house and he gave us loads of tips including toilet training; which he then amply demonstrated by getting a fully grown Bouvier to pee on command 3 times! I kid you not. He simply looked at his dog and said "Hurry"...immediately the dog walked over to a tree trunk, lifted it's leg and pee'd...everytime!
    The breeder we got Paddy from told us that he had previous full time access to the garden and so was used to peeing on grass. This helped immensely as we just left our patio doors open and Paddy quite happily went out and did his thing.
    All the while he was outside sniffing around, we would say "Go toilet" repeatedly.
    Mike told us that we have been doing this wrong. What we actually need to do is only say the "magic words" whilst he is peeing and not a second before. Eventually, he will associate the feeling of peeing with our "magic words", and pee whenever we use them. His also poo on command, although he thankfully didn't demonstrate this.

With Jorge, it might be useful to ask the breeder what type of surface he is used to weeing on? Perhaps the breeder had a grassed area (soft) that Jorge was encouraged to use, and hard floors inside the house (which Jorge was discouraged from using). This would explain your problem with him weeing on the carpets but not on the concrete?
    You could fix this by filling a large cat litter tray with a bag of soil (or even just making a corner filled with soil in the yard), and encouraging Jorge onto it. When he poops in the house, keep one of the more solid poops and bury it in the soil so he can smell his toilet area when he comes near it.

Paddy makes mistakes with weeing if we keep the doors shut (obviously), but only because we didn't see him at the door where he sits and waits for us to open it. However, he very kindly wees at the door and not anywhere else.

I just did a new video of him (he's 4 months now) to give you an idea how big Jorge will be in 8 weeks time! I will post it on the Dog Chat.

Chris
    :)

17. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Look at those big paws, he's so cute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice