Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My 1st Diabetic Appointment was today...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ladywiccana, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Oh well. My Diabetes was at level 7.5, so they are giving me 6 months to try by diet alone (yeah rite hehe :eek: :eek:hmy: :idea: :smilewinkgrin:)

They checked my blood pressure 3 times which was high each time, i even had to stand once while she did the blood pressure check, the lowest reading was the last one at 155/99! Not ideal but still.

So the nurse was asking me what i ate and such like and at the precise moment she asked me what spread i use on me bread.......you guessed it lol, me gp walked in at that very moment, and he started laughing and said, you were gonna say butter werent you hehe, so yes I was lol, how embarassing hehe.

Anyways, the nurse has lent me a diabetic recepie book for a month, some good recepies in there :D :D! Dunno how im gonna cope with the diet side of things as there arent many foods i like nowadays! I will eat strawberries and grapes, but do have plenty of veg!

Im gonna get mesen one of those diabetes checker thingies lol to check me sugar levels and keep a record of what foods suit and which ones dont!

So that was my interesting visit today, if its not come down in 6 months i will be classed as Type 2 Diabetic and have medication in tablet form, and if my blood pressure is stil high i will have medication for that too oh well.

Youll be able to hear me coming wiv the tablets rattling in me hehe :001_tt2: :eek:hmy: :idea: :smilewinkgrin:.

How does anyone else get on with diabetes?????? Or any tips????

2. claire

claire Guest

Glad things went ok,
    lol @ butter,

Im sure you will manage it diet wise :) better than medication controlled :)

3. animallover111

Another reason why the health sub forum is needed.......;) :)

4. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

id agree wiv you on that, perhaps if we all did a thread asking for the Health Sub-Forum he may may just listen :smilewinkgrin: :idea: :smilewinkgrin:

5. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Good idea although no one replied to my earlier post so probably woudlnt bother posting but anyways.

while i was at hospital today the doc pulled up old notes and asked what had been done regarding my last diabetes test, what i said i cant remember when it was, it was may last year and was recorded as 'elevated' but the GP receptionist told me it was nirmal so now im confused.

when does it become diabetes? mine was 6.7 but i dont knwo what this means.

Im having another fasting test tomorrow, ive been quite ill with various things recently and every time i see someone they ask am i diabetic.

what is the score needed to be type 1 diabetic?

Id be just like you im such a fussy eater im dreading them saying i have to eat certain things.

Good luck with yours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice