UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she did ask my permission first-anyway we got him today and he is in a TINY cage with a wheel so small that he runs on top of it not inside it grrrrrrrrr

It's this cage
Syrian hamster cage | eBay

which is just WRONG for a Syrian!!

I WILL be getting him a cage asap-nothing on ebay so just about to try gumtree and preloved and also car boot sale on Sunday before I splash out on a new one.
He also had no bedding apart from some straw in one corner and no ladders or toys :( He's been chewing on the bars as all the paint has come off in one corner.

Should I take the wheel out for now so he doesn't hurt himself on it?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That ebay one is GORGEOUS but has no roof so not good with cats and a greyhound-would be great for playtime though.Someone on here ordered an Alaska recently didn't they?Was wondering if it was any good.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Managed to pick up a cage for 2 pounds at the car boot yesterday-it's a Ferplast like this one but doesn't have the wire floor in the middle

A good find

It's still a bit small but miles better than what he was in to begin with-he seems much happier now.The plan eventually is to use this new cage for my daughter's mice and have him in a slightly bigger one.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
*cough* Piccies please :wink5:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.