Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

My 10 month old puppy is sick

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by charlotte Thompson, Jan 17, 2019.

1. charlotte Thompson

charlotte Thompson PetForums Newbie

My 10 month old puppy has been sick tonight twice . He's been eating grass all day . He does this alot . The first sick looked like food . Now it's more runny and yellow . I'm a little worried because he's never been sick like this before . He's eaten and drank water normal all day . I dunno what to do cos it's late and the vet isn't open . Can anyone give advice

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

If he’s 10 months and he’s only been sick twice I wouldn’t run off to the emergency vet. Is he still alert and happy enough in himself? See how he goes overnight and if he continues to be sick and becomes lethargic or stops drinking then get him to the vet in the morning.

3. charlotte Thompson

. He's not been sick again in the night . He seems full of beans this morning . I don't know when to feed him now tho. I might try him with some chicken in a couple of hours . Plus hes not had a drink yet .Maybe I overreacted but I'm new to all this . Thank u for replying to me it's made me feel better

4. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

I'm sure he'd love a little chicken. When they bring up bile (yellow and runny) it tends to mean the stomach is empty so if he is up to it I would get something simple in the tum.

If he still isn;t drinking much, if you boil a little chicken keep back the water and give him a little to drink .......

J

5. charlotte Thompson

He's fast asleep again now . I hope he keeps his dinner down . Thank u ill try the chicken water aswell

Attached Files:

Lurcherlad and Jamesgoeswalkies like this.
  6. pennyLokiMUM

pennyLokiMUM PetForums Senior

Me it would be a soft diet of chicken boiled and rice, little and often, let the tum settle down, if no more sickness gradually introduce normal food, if sick then I would go see a vet, my rule of thumb is if my dogs are sick more than 3 times in 8 hours and seem lifeless, not interested then I would call my vet for advice

7. charlotte Thompson

Hector has been eating his chicken and rice today little and often . He had some of the chicken water kept it down . Then tonight he had his meal drank some normal water he is now renching again . I hope he keeps it down . Thank u everyone for all your advice

8. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

You’re welcome, hopefully it was just a little upset tummy and he’s over the worst.

9. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Hope your pup is ok - there seems to be a bug about affecting a lot of dogs just now. Starts with vomiting yellow bile, off food etc. My friend's dog and my own dog had identical symptoms.

Here is the thread telling the story of my own dog. Happily, she is totally back to normal now. Lasted a full week with 2 vet visits
    https://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/i-think-tilly-might-be-ill.510344/

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice