Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My 10 month lab is sick :(

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by grundig, May 19, 2019.

1. grundig

grundig PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I've been searching the internet for all the causes and illness, but I'm stuck. So this is the situation. We are living in a small town, and 10 days before, my Labrador retriever was bitten by a tick. I thought nothing serious and removed that tick myself. Four days passed, I was walking in a park with my lab(it was a sunny hot day) and when we get back home I noticed that he started panting fast and heavily even when lying on the ground.

I thought something is wrong and took him straight to our local vet. Told him about that tick and he injected something against Babesiosis. Also some antibiotics. My dog's body temperature was 102. Now he has been on antibiotics course for 5 days and his condition is getting even worse.

He is very tired all the time, wants to lie, sleeps all day, breathing fast and drinks lots of water. Urinates for like a minute, but not that frequently. Eating is normal and he wants to eat, also no diarrhea. Today that vet tested a urine sample and said that everything looks normal. He doesn't know what could be that inflammation cause... I don't know what to do, how to help my boy and it's breaking my heart :((

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Have you researched Lyme Disease in dogs?

3. grundig

grundig PetForums Newbie

Yes I've read about it. I'm taking him to another vet tomorrow who will perform a blood test. I hope it shows something so we could start the right treatment...

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. victoria171168

victoria171168 PetForums VIP

Vets immediately even if it's just to put him on a drip for a bit.
    Hope he's ok

5. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Hope all goes well today

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice