UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OH has just bought this;

Needless to say I've had to chant "compromise" over and over again since he told me about it.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Oh, WOW!! Am well jealous!! What a fantastic looking car! My OH is into classics and he would like this!! :D
So, you should keep chanting 'compromise' but if it means coming off PF, No-o-o-o!! :D

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My compromise is based on the fact that I did bring in two dogs this year without asking him :p

He'll still have our old Scenic until it's tax etc runs out in Feb, then I think he's on about buying a little run around for ferrying the dogs around and also to get to and from work and having the Mustang as a weekend car. He has to drive 180 miles to work every sunday and back again every friday - so it's impractical in the Mustang.

I don't drive and won't be allowed to drive this. He hasn't bought it yet but he's sorting everything out for next weekend.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
That's a lovely picture of you!

Certainly impractical for the daily commute as well as the dogs - a bit squished!!

Hope all goes well for your OH with the car!

:)

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
which engine, V6 or V8?

the yanks get good MPG per engine size compared to the Euro-carts

oops, just saw the "350GT" sill stripe

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
which engine, V6 or V8?

the yanks get good MPG per engine size compared to the Euro-carts

oops, just saw the "350GT" sill stripe
It's all lies, the interior isn't leather and all GT's come with leather interior. The owner put these on.. It's a V6 engine.

G

·
So impractical. Clearly he's happy, but I couldn't cope with such impracticality. Do you both have very comfy incomes? Bought your home?

One driver family and 2 cars, 2 regos, 2 car maintenance costs

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
I couldn't cope with such impracticality. Do you both have very comfy incomes? Bought your home?
how rude!, surely its upto everyone what they drive, its no more impractical then a Range Rover that never gets near mud or a MX3 or a 7 seater owned by a 2 kiddy family

as for asking financial details well!.... :nono::nono::nono:

The cars not expensive to buy, gets about 30mpg and is easy to maintain (my Mondeo clutch cost £900 to replace, THATS impractical by my standards)

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's impractical for me and my lifestyle but not his. I own the dogs, not him.

And as for the other things - not really your business is it? :p

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Given my total disinterest in cars I'd be chanting "kill, kill, kill".

It's funny how some of us can't see some hobbies/interests. My OH could NEVER understand why I kept horses...... WEIRD man! I mean they're adorable and certainly not expensive :rolleyes::

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
My OH owned several different american cars before we were married.
Then just before our wedding we had a big row,,, a little while later he said 'lets go for a drive'

We drove to his favorite garage and he pointed out a car like the photo and said 'see that car? well I can marry you or buy that car and the car doesnt row with me'

He has had loads of cars since we got married but I never let him buy another American!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really don't mind. As much fuss as I kicked up about it and how upset I was when he said he was buying it. I have to think this is his first car. He drives his Dad's Scenic at the moment, so I can live with it for a while. Besides I don't drive so I don't really have a say in it. We don't have children so we don't need to fit loads of things in a car, although apparently babyseats do fit in and so do prams. (His friend has a '96 and a baby so I'm well informed).

The only thing I've got to get used to is how low down it is and also being on the right side rather than the left.

And when the Scenic's time is up in Feb, he will be getting a smaller run around and then hopefully I'll have started driving by then or at least into my learning so when I do pass etc we can share the little run around. :p

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
My OH owned several different american cars before we were married.
Then just before our wedding we had a big row,,, a little while later he said 'lets go for a drive'

We drove to his favorite garage and he pointed out a car like the photo and said 'see that car? well I can marry you or buy that car and the car doesnt row with me'

He has had loads of cars since we got married but I never let him buy another American!
OOOOHHHHHH a bull-nose transam firebird, 455 HO? yeeehaaawwwww

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Given my total disinterest in cars I'd be chanting "kill, kill, kill".

It's funny how some of us can't see some hobbies/interests. My OH could NEVER understand why I kept horses...... WEIRD man! I mean they're adorable and certainly not expensive :rolleyes::
we are all individuals, we have our own fancies, denying others theirs is intolerance, as for asking if the owner has a good income and has bought their own house, well I hope they arent council tenants and bought a yank car :nono:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.