UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just seen an add selling kittens and i reconise it as the same person who was sellin my jazzy-socks :(

He was in such bad condition it is taking all my will power not to phone her up.....

I have four cats...i am at my utmost limit...i cannot take on any more no matter how bad they need a home......GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:( Sorry lol not really a thread but me venting frustrations, i need to set up my own rescue lol!!!

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
The sad thing is if you buy another kitty from this BYB it will only encourage her to breed them more :(

If you think the kittens are being neglected it'd be better to report the breeder to the RSPCA or Cats Protection in my view, and see if they can persuade her to sign over the kittens to them and get the mother cat spayed free of charge..

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know :( thanks guys. have phoned up rspca saying that i am concerned, they said that as i have not seen these kittens then they need more evidence...but they will record that iv made a statement and be aware if anyone esle phones about them.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Kittens from a BYB will also cost a fortune in care as they are likely to have health problems. Treacle and Pixie's 'breeder' has bred a couple of inbred litters (mother/son and father/daughter) and at least 1 kitten from each litter has died suddenly just after weaning! :(

I am told this can be because their immune system isn't strong enough on its own, due to inbreeding :(

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When i go Jazzy he was really skinny and underweight, had worms and ticks and the fleas were just crawling of of him, He also had a bad case of cat flu!!

you wouldnt know it to look at him now lol but it was horrendous :( i just hope that these kittens are being better cared for!!!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i know :( thanks guys. have phoned up rspca saying that i am concerned, they said that as i have not seen these kittens then they need more evidence...but they will record that iv made a statement and be aware if anyone esle phones about them.
Can you get a mate to pose as an interested party? They could maybe then get the evidence that the RSPCA need?

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
When i go Jazzy he was really skinny and underweight, had worms and ticks and the fleas were just crawling of of him, He also had a bad case of cat flu!!

you wouldnt know it to look at him now lol but it was horrendous :( i just hope that these kittens are being better cared for!!!!
Treacle was in exactly the same state (minus the ticks though!)

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you get a mate to pose as an interested party? They could maybe then get the evidence that the RSPCA need?
Good idea!!!

i shall phone around!! :) i cant do it as she will defo remember me lol, i made my point very clear to her :crazy:

thanks guys :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.