Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Muppets......

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ClaireLouise, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ClaireLouise

Opinions are like arseh*les everyones got one :p

My OH came across someone with stupid opinions today while walking the dog.

Our Akita Cassie was on her extendable lead around 5ft to the left of my OH in a grass verge sniffing at least 15 ft away from a road all safe and minding her own business!

A chap stood talking with two Jack Russells was stood next to the road and they both went mad at Cassie jumping at the end of there leads growling and barking.

Cassie gave them a sideways glace and continued to sniff in the hedges didnt even acknowledge them it was beneather her lol

The chap shouted over to my OH "OI, Dont you know you arent allowed to have them 'type' of dogs on extendable leads and wheres its muzzle??"

OH looked at Cassie minding here own business behaving and the chaps dogs who were growling ect

I wont repeat what he said to the chap..... but what a div! I hope I see him tonight cos I will rip a strip off him too.

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

what a tw@t, i really dont get why people seem to know best about 'them types' of dogs (could be staffies, dobes, akitas, rotties etc...)

wonder what he would say if i was walking all my boys :lol:

ClaireLouise likes this.
  3. ClaireLouise

Barney says he was a right gobby old fella hope you dont come across him on ya wanders.

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Goes to show no one knows what "dangerous" dogs are etc

I saw a gorgeous sandy coloured Akita this afternoon trotting Ali g with his owner taking no notice of anyone :)

5. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

bet Barney gave as good as the old bloke though :lol:

6. ClaireLouise

He said he held back 'a bit' cos he was an oldish bloke but I doubt he was polite to him

7. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

idiots like the old bloke deserve to be told whats what. they think they know everything when its usually their dog(s) that is the real problem :mad:

how is cassie?

8. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Pot calling the kettle black! There was a story in the news recently that involved a JRT who'd bitten a girls face and I think they are still looking for the dog. I wonder what he'd have to say about that? Silly, miserable little man.

9. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Awww, poor cass, good thing she can't understand the horrible insults ;)

I have it with Maya sometimes :rolleyes:

10. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

if someone starts on my boy if they are close i'll try and cover their ears or ask the person to keep their voice down so not to upset them :eek:

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Sadly the only Akita I know is DA and absoloutely terrifying..:(
    I would still be happier to walk my lot next to an Akita that was totally ignoring them then a JRT that was trying to kill them!!:D

12. *Point*

*Laugh*

Inform ejit..."its a Police matter then, I suggest you call them" :wink:

13. ClaireLouise

I hope he was local and I see him when Ive got Cassie because I will ask him where he got his info from and if he would like to call the police :D that would make a right fool of him.

I can never understand why its seen as acceptable to lots of stupid small dog owners to let there dog behave like a vicious nutter. Yet well behaved large dogs get singled out

14. ClaireLouise

Cassie is fine thanks, still a little miserable but its just her character. Much happier when we are got with her new friend my mums labrador puppy, they love playing

Hows ur lot?

15. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

they are all good thanks, all enjoying the longer light nights so longer outside playing with the kids :)

16. ClaireLouise

Yeah, Cassie is loving it too, she has started refusing to come in when I go to work so she can lay outside all day lil bugger.

17. pinklady

pinklady PetForums Member

Poor Cassie, fancy some stupid old bloke saying that :( we also get this, a woman in her late 50's has a JR and Yorkie and they are always on extendables, she gets in a right pickle when she see's us as her dogs go nuts and wrap themselves around her trying to get to mine!!! if my two were going nuts they would be classed as dangerous dogs but becuase hers are small this is ok!!! she has muttered under her breath before about me going the other way but why should i ? now she is the one thats turns round when she see's me!!!!

18. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I have already had two people say this to me whilst walking Makita, and each time their dog was the one who barked or growl whilst Makita trotted past.

I have had him identified as a Japanese Tosa by one man and informed that because it's under the dangerous dog's act you have to have it insured! and that if anyone asks what he is I should say a Gsd cross breed!!!:D

I kept on walking but I know my OH would have something to say if some numpty said that to him. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice