Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Muntjac deer

Discussion in 'Wildlife Gallery' started by Steverags, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Steverags

Steverags International Man of Mystery

A little muntjac deer that ambled towards me before realising I was there then disappeared into the brush muntjac4.jpg

Valanita, planete, Lurcherlad and 4 others like this.
  2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I love his markings. We have a lot of them near me but they are generally elusive. Last summer whilst out on a dusk walk I came across a muntjac in a field. It ran away but turned around after a little while. I had stepped behind a tree so it couldn't see me properly. I think because he could still smell me he was curious so he came to within 5 metres of the tree then cautiously circled it so he could see me fully. Once he had satisfied himself I was not a human tree hybrid he trotted off. I realised I had been holding my breath the whole time. :)

It's a privilege when we get to see them.

Valanita and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

We used to have a lot where I used to live in Wiltshire. They are such funny looking things and so curious.

4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Cute! We had lots of them where I used to live in the UK too. Unfortunately McKenzie would take off after them given half a chance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice