Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

mum feeding after giving birth

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Momo12, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

How soon after giving birth would you expect mum to eat & drink?
    Any advice anyone

Mo xxxx

2. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

If she ate the placentas she will be feeling quite full up right now. I would offer something very tasty for her later, even take it to her as she may not want to move from the babies. :)

3. steph2010

steph2010 PetForums Junior

Hi Mo.

firstly congratulations on your new babies!!:thumbup: hopefully it will happen for me soon, i have read that some mums will not eat or drink for 24-36 hours after giving birth as the placentas have enough in them to keep mum going for a bit,

did geri show any signs of impending labour upto 24 hours before she had them?? my wee one is still acting all wierd but not much else is happening

4. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi mo .. out of four deliveries honey only ate half a placenta ... and she ate about 3 hours after giving birth to the last one (what i rem yesterday seems like a blur!) :)

5. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Thanks all for advice and tips Mellowma we did just that about 10-12 hours after the birth and she ate a fair bit and has had more since:)

Steph .... was all very quick by all accounts not that I was here (at work unfortunatel but she started crying loudly about 1.20 am first baby born 3.45 2nd at 4am then all over by 5am including eating of placentas etc so think we were very lucky hope you have some news soon tho:)

Julie.... ah only half a placenta so i suppose Honey wud have been hungry soon after then bless her hope she doing ok and babies doing well:)

Mo xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice