Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Multiple free range buns

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Hglangston, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Hglangston

Hglangston PetForums Newbie

I have two bunnies one I have had for about three years (shugg). The second I sort of adopted because my sisters roommate got him (Gus Gus/ goose) from the same litter my bunny was from. She had two bunnies at the time and they did not tolerate each other (both are male). She was moving to a smaller apartment and our bunnies had bonded to each other quite fondly so I offered to take in Goose as well. They are absolutely fantastic; so sweet and fun. The only thing I have problems with are the messes. Goose started off in a cage and was not adequately weaned off to free range; she just began letting him out into
    multiple rooms. My bunny (shugg) was never in a cage, but he did not have problems until Goose was introduced. I feel it is mean to put them back in the cage now to enforce proper litter box training rules but I do not know what else to do. Any suggestions?

2. Lunaluu

Lunaluu PetForums Junior

Cute bunnies! I hope someone here can offer you good advice.

I have just heard of some basics, to put the poop back in the litter box so they see it's where it belongs.

do they do it everywhere or is there a certain place? Perhaps try moving the litter box to their preferred place is they have a specific place.

My outdoor rabbits have a similar problem, one of my males is constantly moving the litter box away to keep doing his business in the same place. I will soon be changing the set up so he won't be able to do that anymore.

3. RedPanda3

RedPanda3 PetForums Junior

Maybe put them in one room that is easy to clean and then try to litter box train them again (however you did it before). Once they are better at this, slowly let them into more rooms. By doing nothing about it, the bunny doesn't know what hes doing that's wrong - but never punish the rabbit.

4. Corneal

Corneal Shelly

Are they neutered? Rabbits are easier to litter train after being spayed or neutered

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice