UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some questions for multiple cat owners:

• Is it OK to use Frontline Combo for Extra Large Dogs on multiple cats, divided up into smaller doses? I know some people do this to save money, but is it safe? If so, how do you work out dosage?
  • Is it true that if you have multiple cats you don't need to treat them all, every time, as treating a couple will spread the treatment to the others? I have 5 cats, (2 adults and 3 kittens), so how many would I have to treat each time?
  • Are there any non-poisonous/non-insecticide sprays available to treat the home? I'm worried about spraying insecticides in the house, because I have children.

Hope someone can advise! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
14,680 Posts
Forgive me if i don't reply to all your specific points.
I don't use any regular flea treatments despite all my cats having outside access. I do use Indorex all round the house once a year or so....you could do one room at a time to avoid letting the children near the fumes. There is also a non-insecticidal spray called Flee (I think, used to be called Skoosh ) which is very effective.
I would not advise using a product meant for dogs on a cat, some of the chemicals safe for dogs are fatally toxic to cats.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
please dont use dog flea treatments on cats its not safe.
cat and kitten product on cats and kittens only and i would treat all the animals at the same time otherwise one cat will have fleas and the other wont.
good advise to use flee household spray but if you use indorex leave the room to air before letting the cats back in the room.
make sure you read the dose as if you have kittens under 1kg you cant use many products like frontline or advocate unless its frontline spray then you can use from 2 days old.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.