Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Multi Pet Insurance?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jazmine, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine PetForums VIP

I am the owner of a rather handsome 7 year old tabby cat called Ollie. He is currently insured with Sainsbury's.

Next Saturday we pick up our 8 week old border collie puppy. (Big squeeeee!!!)

Obviously, I'll be wanting to get him insured asap, but I'm finding it difficult getting quotes for multi pet insurance. I've done a couple of quotes, but haven't yet found a comparison site that will run a quote for one cat and one dog. Plus alot of insurance sites make you click a seperate link for dog or cat insurance, with no option for both.

I'd really much rather have them insured together rather than two policies. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Argos & the PDSA do I think :) cant wait to see picks of your puppy :D

3. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

I'm with Asda for my three, and I called up for a quote, the quotes are good for up to a month- maybe Sainsbury's will do the same over the phone? You didn't mention if you'd tried calling up or just using the internet, but I'm a bit of a technophobe so I always prefer calling and talking to a person!

4. Jazmine

Jazmine PetForums VIP

I've been trying online so far, but once I get a quote I like, I tend to give a couple of the nearest quoters a call and see if they can better it!

(I've attached a little photo that we took at the weekend when we visited him!)

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
  5. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

Awwww border collie puppy! :D

Can't wait to see the pics!

The best one is Petplan but can be expensive.

Laura :)

6. ALDRED

ALDRED PetForums Newbie

Hello freinds,... How are you all? by the way Nice work Jazmine and I have also seen the pic your little cuttle puppy, by the way I have a dog which is 6 months old and I want to insured for it.

7. Andromeda

Andromeda PetForums Senior

Sainsbury's have/had 15% discount on second dog.
    Direct Line as well.

Many companies have discounts for more than one pet. I can see only one problem not many of them want to insured old dogs. Max was 7yo when we insured him with Sainsbury's a year later they double monthly payment from 17.00 to more than 30.00 when Halle's (4yo) goes up around 2.00 monthly

8. PatrickCampbell

PatrickCampbell PetForums Junior

Pet insurance policy usually applies to one pet. But if you want multi pet insurance for your pets then there are some insurance companies those offer excellent discount for pet lovers who have more than one pet. Various insurers publish their discount rates online. So, you can search best plan that fits for your all pets.

9. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

Most companies give a multi-pet discount. However, insuring an older animal is usually expensive if you move to a new insurer and it's likely that any discount will be outweighed by an increase in premium. TBH your best plan would be to keep your cat where it is and insure the puppy with a lifelong policy. (Petplan, Argos, John Lewis, M&S spring to mind). There are more on my website (see below)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice