Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Muirphy

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Dogs' started by shania, Jun 8, 2010.

1. shania

shania PetForums Newbie

MISSING - PLEASE READ Murphy is a two year old entire male Northern Inuit Dog with a black, gold,red coat. His stature is medium with a distinctive kink to the right at the end of his tail.He slipped his lead close to his home around 2am on 28th May 2010. I was able to gently approach him four times but each time he bolted, on the last occasion at considerable speed with me then losing sight of him. Despite prolonged and exhaustive searching he has not been sighted at all. All local agencies are informed, local community aware and posters/flyers distributed over a 10 mile radius. Murphy had only recently come to the UK from Ireland with his breeder where he has always lived. Murphy is beginning his life as a family pet. He was still house versus kennels a strange experience, having difficulty settling easily at night and quite nervous about changing location from the house to outdoors and vice versa. He twisted away from me in a strong sustained manner before we were right near our home causing I believe the 'd' ring of his collar to disengage from the lead clip. Murphy may have taken to open ground and covered some distance and/or be hiding in a building/shed. He is most likely to be nervous on any approach and shy of strangers. He is the most sweet-natured boy and has only spent 3 1/2 days with his new family. He doesn't know the area at all.

2. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

What area is he missing in???

3. shania

shania PetForums Newbie

Sorry
    he went missing Leicestershire .Melton Mowbray I think .But he could be anywhere.

4. shania

shania PetForums Newbie

Brilliant news, Murphy is now back home after 3 weeks .Everyone is absolutely delighted hes been found .Thankyou everyone who kept a look out .

5. cherry

cherry PetForums Member

Great news

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice