Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mugged by Mars, my Whiskas experience

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Cazzicat, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Cazzicat

Cazzicat PetForums Newbie

Hello fellow cat lovers. I want to tell you all about my recent experience with a complaint about Whiskas pouches. I couldn't find my receipt so contacted Mars Petfoods thinking they would help -I was wrong, they just tested the pouches to cover their backs and told me to get lost. I made the mistake of trusting the Whiskas brand so bought a couple of large boxes which were on offer. My cat refused to eat them, simply licking the jelly off and leaving the so-called meat. She did eat some at first but seemed to get a bad tummy so sensibly stopped. Well, the customer "care" team at Mars were nice as pie until they got hold of a few pouches from me but once they tested them they told me to sling my hook and they refused to reimburse me for the load of pouches I had. I complained to the Mars Pet care
    Marketing Director Tom somebody, but he also fobbed me off. He is in charge of the brand yet could not care less about customer satisfaction from my point of view. I think that Whiskas pouches are unappetising rubbish and that the company's customer service is even worse. I won't buy any Mars product again. As an cruel joke Mars sent some vouchers for me to buy more of the product and suggested I give my remains to a cat home, as if I would foist that rubbish on other poor kitties.

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Not sure I can see what your complaint was.
    Cats are ,by nature,fussy b*ggers.
    If there was nothing actually wrong with the product other than your cat didn't like it then that as they say is just hard luck and part of being a cat slave.
    I can assure you although Whiskas isn't the best food out there many rescues would be delighted to receive your remaining stock.

Rainfall, ashi16, moggie14 and 3 others like this.
  3. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I would just put this down to a bad experience, we all have them. Certainly give the Whiskas to your local rescue, they will be grateful for anything and the cats will only be eating it temporarily probably before being rehomed. Have a look at the food threads on here which might help you pick something your cat will like or check out Zooplus for some good grain free foods.

4. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

The only place I know that will let you exchange an already opened item for something different is Pets at Home. My Mum has done it a couple of times.
    Not sure if it applies to Whiskas though.
    Get used to it.... many cats are picky and will quickly go off something they appeared to adore a few days ago. This is not the manufacturers fault.

buffie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice