Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mr Vet is bleeding me dry..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, Jun 1, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Pat the Cat is still at the vet having his dicky tum sorted out, which will be 3 days now he's been in. Its nice that they want to get him totally sorted before sending him home but Ive got a feeling when they say; "you've got insurance right??" Im just going to cry!:(*sigh*

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

The exact reason why I'm NOT planning to go to veterinary college, too many bloodsuckers IMO...

3. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Have you?

Good luck with Pat xx

I cancelled Monty's insurance when hubby was made redundant. I was paying £25 a month :eek: the redundancy money is there if anything happens.

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Do they know yet what it is that is making your little mite poorly?

5. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw poor Pat xx :( hopefully you can get a payment plan or something.

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Nope, dont knopw what is causing it. Although Mr Vet did say his diarrhoea is almost all gone so thats good. Still waiting on the stool sample to come back.
    Ive got my dogs insured but 9 cats would be pushing it!!:D NM, I need to go on a diet anyways so the bread and water this month might do me good!!:rolleyes:
    (they are very good with payment plans, in fact I think most of their cstomers pay that way!)

7. Kip

Kip PetForums Junior

The fact that a vet asks if you have insures ensures that he will get as much as he can from the insurance company even if it means keeping your pet in unnecessarily. It is the same with people's health insurance.

8. leashedForLife

hey, kip! :--)
    i don;t think U noticed... the OP said WHEN the vet asks... meaning this is after the fact - IOW the vet does not *know*
    they can soak the insurance company for all they are worth.
    and s/he has NO insurance to rob...

there, best of both worlds! :thumbup: the vet is not ripping-off the insurer-
    and the owner of that pet-parasite, the insufferable bourgeois, does not HAVE insurance to claim. :) now - don;t U feel better? :D

sarcasm alert -
    i don;t think pets are parasites; i don;t think pet-owners are insufferable OR bourgeois; i DON;t think not having
    vet-insurance is a fun situation to be in - and i don;t think vets are in the habit of maliciously ripping-off clients, either. ;)

there are unscrupulous vets, just as there are unscrupulous car-repair shops or home-handy-services -
    but i think there are a helluva-lot more *ethical* vets than rip-off artists, compared with car-repair or home-handyman. :thumbup:
    by and large, vets want to help, and not to bankrupt their clients.

JMO + IME, Ur mileage may vary,
    --- terry

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Hey, you'll get no arguement from me! Pets ARE parasites!!:D
    Mine dont work for a living and are slowly sucking out all my money, time and love!!They are cute parasites though and I luvs them!!
    To be fair to my vet Ive seen him treat cats for free when people couldnt pay and he does alot of freebie work for the cats protection league.
    Doesnt mean it hurts my bank balance less, so I enjoy having a good ol' cathartic moan!!LOL:001_cool:

10. leashedForLife

:thumbup: the power of luv... :001_wub: and soft warm fur in pretty colors :001_tt1: and purring...
    don;t we all :cool: if we couldn;t groan about it, some of the fun would be gone :lol:

i hope kitty is ALL better very soon - and that Kitty has a rich, devoted auntie who will bequeath a substantial sum
    :D toward maintaining the lifestyle dear Kitty deserves, doncha know.

cheers,
    --- terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice