UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here, but after some advice, would really appreciate any help anyone has! Sorry if this is a little long but there's a lot of info!

Me and my husband have had our 2 cats for 2 years now, we have a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 year old, both male siberians. We are moving out of our house in 3 weeks to move in with my parents to save money while our new house is having lots of work done to it. We will likely be with them for 3 months.

The problem is, they have a 16 year old male birman who is very very chilled out and probably will not be phased by my 2, but I'm worried that if we keep all 3 together it may cause problems? the oldest cat is quite wobbly now and I would hate for him to get picked on. We do have the option to alternate my parent's cat and my 2 cats between the utility room, kitchen and outside (my 2 don't go outside) I don't know if it's worth mentioning all 3 cats are neutered.

Will keeping my 2 together in a smaller space than they are used to for a few hours a day and overnight cause any problems? My older cat (the 7 yr old) is quite sensitive, doesn't travel well at all and is easily spooked by the little one who likes to terrorise him a bit. I have used a feliway plug in for the last 10 days but he doesn't seem to have relaxed as much as I had hoped, he still gets scared very easily by the door, even my husband sneezing makes him jump.

Really concerned my older cat won't cope well with the move to my parents, adjusting to that, and then moving again early next year when the new house is ready. Cattery's aren't really an option either as he wasn't happy at all when I last took him to one, we have had a lady come in to cat-sit whenever we have been on holiday. also costs for 2 cats for 3 months would be very high.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it! Equally if I am getting myself worried over nothing then please say!

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.