Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moving with a gigant breed dog to London

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Agne, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Agne

Agne PetForums Newbie

Hello everybody!

I would like to get your help about moving with a gigant breed dog to London. I have greater swiss mountain dog and planing to move to London. I heard about all difficulties about starting your life in London when you bring with you a doggy, especialy a huge dog. But this dog is my life and I have decided to do all my best to move with him!

Maybe you have got any suggestions or you can share your own experience about this? Maybe it is easier to move there if the dog is well trained and have certificates that provides this?

I will be very greatful if you could help me! ;)

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I am not quite sure what you mean or why there should be a problem. Presumably you are going to move to a house with a garden and there are some lovely dog walking places.
    Of course, wherever you live, you will meet people who are nervous of all dogs and particularly big dogs but that is their problem and not yours.
    Good luck with your move and dont believe everything you hear.

3. cant offer any advice over the move but i love great swiss mountain dogs!

A friend of mine has them and they pull a buggy - they actually take the kids to school ;), so they are "worked" as such.

Fabulous dogs - one of the giant breeds i would own if i had the space and time!

4. Agne

Agne PetForums Newbie

That's probably the problem, that I would like to rend a flat. I dont have my own lot..And I heard that it is a huge problem to find a landlords who will allow to live with a pet. Dont you think so? Do you live in London?

5. Agne

Agne PetForums Newbie

Yeah, they are really wonderful and lovely dogs! :) And they really love everybody! But talking about the space..well because it is a giant breed, so they dont need a lot of space. Especialy my dog would rather choose a comfortable bed to sleep at home :) well we spend a lot time together when I return after work, so later on he just go to eat and to sleep when we come back home :)

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

7. Agne

Agne PetForums Newbie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice