Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moving is painful in every sense of the word...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ivory, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Ivory

Ivory PetForums Member

I have had the most stressfull month of my life :p
    We have just moved to a lovely house, with a garden - which Barney simply adores lol and I cannot believe the stress involved in moving :D
    I found stuff that I had re-bought as I didn't realise I had it already :eek:
    I cannot believe all these boxes actually came from my house!!!

And to top it all off, one week after moving in, I fall down the stairs and break my foot..... so I am sat here with leg plastered surrounded by boxes.
    I wish there was a moving fairy who could come and empty all the boxes and magically put it all away neat and tidy :lol:

2. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

well thats one way to get out of moving boxes :lol: :lol:

on a serious note hope things start to go right for you now :thumbup:

3. Ivory

Ivory PetForums Member

LOL thats what OH and kids keep saying, "bit extreme to throw yourself down the stairs eh mum"

Im sitting in the garden with Barney at the moment, he would sit out here all day if I let him. I was worried about him at first because he gets stressed very easily and was worried the move would make him ill - but he is so chilled out its unreal, I needn't have worried at all.
    We didn't have a garden in our old place, so he is in his element now :thumbup:

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Open each box and pass stuff to your hubby and kids to help put away, or put some stuff that you dont need at the moment back into boxes and leave them for when you are better. I hate unpacking.

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

poor you :( - at least you've got the weatrher for sitting in the garden;)
    Glad Barney is loving the garden and didn't find the move to stressful.
    I'd go with Welshies Idea - just make sure they keep your glass topped up as well :D

6. Ivory

Ivory PetForums Member

I think I am getting used to this supervising role ;)
    My poor boys can't wait to go back to school - never had that before lol

7. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

Awww I'm sorry to hear about your foot - hope you get better soon. I'm very clumsy and hubby says I do things to myself so I get out of doing stuff! Always seem to be at the worst time as well!

Glad Barney is all settled in his new home - sounds like he's going to be very happy!

Laura :)

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Plaster of Paris is brilliant isnt it, broken leg not so good though..........your kids will do anything now to get out of helping, so them saying they cant wait for school is good eh! ;) Just hope your hubby dont say he cant wait to get back to work too :scared: :lol: Did you mark your boxes so you know what is inside them,??? That way you wont need to open those boxes you dont need yet. just dont rush it and exhaust yourself, as much as you want it all away and the house looking lovely, your health is more important. :thumbup:

9. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

You can borrow mine, it must be the same one that washes, irons, cleans and puts things away:lol: ps, my mrs will kill me if she reads this:scared:

10. Ivory

Ivory PetForums Member

I have a pair of crutches here, you may need to borrow them when your wife reads that :lol::lol::lol:

11. Ivory

Ivory PetForums Member

Yep all boxes have been marked, so it's not too bad.
    Only thing is can't really put any of the living room stuff back, as we are going to sand the floor - found beautiful original parquet flooring under carpet!! - so will have to wait for that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice