Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moving house...

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Emraa, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

Me and Bella (13 week old Lab x) are moving in a couple of weeks into a house with 3 other adults (family members).
    Currently she has her own room which is completely puppy proofed so I can leave her crate door open and she is free to wander and sleep where she pleases in this room.
    When we move she will have to stay in her crate with the door shut for up to 4 hours some days. Is this ok? She hates having the crate door shut - she howls and yelps until someone lets her out (I have left her for 30 mins before hoping she would calm down but never did) What can I do?
    She can sleep in my bedroom at night but when there isn't anyone in the house she will have to be put in the crate as there are too many temptations around for a little pup!

Help please! Are there any alternatives to the crate? Just got her settled in to a routine and now I feel like i have to start again :(

2. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

3. rachel_babe10@hotmail.com

rachel_babe10@hotmail.com PetForums Newbie

Hello i go to peoples houses to fix puppy behaviour/ dog behaviour & it most of the time works. i would advise you to get some treats and practise getting your dog in and out and shutting the door i have more ideas in my head but sadly no time to write them down sorry if this doesnt work reply on my home page and i will get back to you thank you rachel .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice