Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moving House....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sleeping_Lion, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Never again, or if I do, I'm paying removal people rather than doing most of it myself. Thankfully my Mum helped out, she's a star, and as an ex-forces wife, used to all the clear out and tidying up. Handy, as the landlord at the last place decided to be a bit of an a**e at the last minute, insisting we pay professional carpet cleaners, clean the porch etc, when the whole place will be gutted for development, and the porch won't exist any more. And those were the sensible demands!!

The new house is detached, looks out on to open fields, and has a place right next door I can walk the girls. The only drawback is that it's on a main road, but thankfully, not that busy. And we LOVE it :) The girls have a 'dog room', and there's even a cellar which has been stocked to the appropriate level with wine. The kitchen has an oil fired range cooker, which is fabulous, and there's an old fashioned stove in the dining room, and open fire in the living room, both of which look out across the back. We moved in on Sunday and are really enjoying being here, if I get a chance to put an offer in on this place, I think I may well be very, very tempted :tongue_smilie:

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Sounds like my ideal home, You wanna swap ;) :D
    I have moved house quite a few time in the past years, and I hate packing up stuff as I used to alway pack stuff away that I need first when unpacking. I can never understand how I look to have MORE stuff when I unpack to what I had when I packed in the first place :eek:
    We had removal men on our last one and it was much much better, you just stand there and tell them which room each box goes into :D

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Am glad you have a lovely new place :D

We moved in October & NEVER again, it was so stressful & although we did all the packing we did have a removal team transport everything for us. They were brilliant & made such a difference. We were able to relaxe in our new home that night withough feeling totally shattered

4. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Noooooooooo, I'm not swapping :p

We've actually made the decision that we'll get rid of stuff that we don't use, so I've got a big box in the garage for charity. We've just got the kennels to move up this weekend, and then we're done! I just hope the weather gets a bit warmer soon, it's been freezing cold these last couple of days, and we're up on the top of the Pennines, a little exposed!

The field at the back currently has about five ewes (or for the Yorkshire version 'yows') with new born lambs frisking about. Very cute!!

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

sounds amazing. glad you got moved ok

#5 metame, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  6. xxwelshcrazyxx

I cant tell you dont like it really ;) not much to do or to see, so you have to swap with me, I got a dual carriage way out the back of my place, much more to see :eek: ;) :D
    Sounds like you got everything in order, Hope you have many many years of happiness in your new home......(jealous now) lolol xxxxxxxxxx

7. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Haha, I don't think so! The couple who lived here have moved abroad, and left behind all sorts of goodies, like a tv/dvd player in the kitchen, and a dishwasher (what a luxury!!) It's even got a massagey air bath type thing :eek: I'll get some photos of the views when I can, just to show you how awful it isn't :p :p :p

8. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

sounds wonderful ... and im not jealous in the slightest :blink:

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

Oh go on then RUB it in ;) sounds perfect. xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice