Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moving house with puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by spamvicious, May 18, 2017.

1. spamvicious

spamvicious PetForums Senior

So today I viewed a property which if all goes to plan I will be moving in two weeks. It wasn't planned, the landlord of current place wants to sell so we have to find somewhere else. Star is 12 weeks old tomorrow and I've only had her a month so I'm very worried about routine and her getting stressed. Does anyone have any tips for how I can make it as smooth as possible?. There is a doggy day care near me which has a good reputation so I was thinking of taking her there for a few hours while I pack and on the day of the move. Does anyone have any experience of doggy day care?.

2. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

Personally for me doggy day care is my idea of hell.. I honestly think she would be better off with you. I think we all fall foul of worrying our dogs will stress and flap trying to minimise it, I personally think a dog getting used to change is great for them. You are still there, their bed is still there etc she will only stress if you will, make it a fun adventure.

Amelia66 likes this.
  3. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

I agree with Meezey spamvicious, about keeping her with you, let Star watch you packing up etc. Every now n again take a break with her, little play little cuddle. She's your family now, share your going's on together. Good luck with your move, hope all goes well.

4. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

I agree, just let her help you pack, it may take a lot longer but i bet she gets tired from stealing things and goes to sleep anyway........Thats what Pip would have done as a pup ;o)

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Dogs are pretty adaptable and as long as they are with their humans acept a change of scenery quickly.
    I think it depends on if it will be difficult for you to keep pup safe and secure as you move everything - if you think there is a chance of her escaping or getting underfoot then I would find a pet sitter/home boarder she could go to rather than a busy day care centre.
    Otherwise pack her things last, unpack them first and give her a sweaty top of yours so the new place smells like home :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice