Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

moving breeding zebra finches

Discussion in 'Bird Breeding' started by lil muppet, May 30, 2010.

1. lil muppet

lil muppet PetForums VIP

i have been given 2 breeding pairs of zebra finches and a cage. the cage is big enough (converted large rat cage) but i have just bought them an indoor avairy. they are currently sitting on eggs but i would like to know if i can move them and the eggs into the new home without them abandoning their eggs? hope it is possible as i really would like them to have a bigger home x

2. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Very dodgy...
    But better to risk it now with the eggs rather than have them abandon chicks.
    If you do have them desert the eggs I'll guarantee with Zebras you'll have more in a couple of weeks.
    If you are moving two pairs move them all together...if you move one pair first they may get territorial and fight.
    Let us know how you get on.

Hang on to that cage...you'll need it the way zebras can reproduce.

#2 poohdog, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  3. stevemcdonna

stevemcdonna PetForums Newbie

Hello

Should be ok but even if they abandon the eggs they will lay more! They are very easy to breed I started 2 years ago and heve bred over 20 and have had no deaths!

Steve

4. lil muppet

lil muppet PetForums VIP

too late now! have about 4 chicks i think! so will have to wait 2 weeks then they can go to their indoor avairy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice