Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Movement and sound

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Jbab, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Jbab

Jbab PetForums Junior

hi - would you always expect to see movement at around day 53? I haven’t seen or felt anything and can’t hear anything with stethoscope. Are dopplers any good? She was scanned at day 44 and 5 seen. She hasn’t grown much since but is quite firm to touch.
    Thanks

2. Jamesgoeswalkies

Jamesgoeswalkies PetForums VIP

Just leave her be, there really isn't any need to keep 'checking' on her. If you've had her scanned then you know the pups are there. The stomach wall hardens during the third trimester and then the pups begin to move down the birth canal and her shape changes. If you are worried that your dog isn't well then call the vet, if not then my opinion is leave her be, she'll be struggling during the last week as it is.

J

Rafa, Torin. and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Sometimes you can see movement when the bitch is asleep in front of a fire or something ie warm and totally relaxed. Not seeing movement is nothing to worry about though.

Rafa likes this.
  4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I don't recall ever seeing movement in my pregnant bitches.

As advised above, relax and let her be. You know she's in pup, so nature will take it's course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice