Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mouth ulcer under top lip

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by LisaBeatrix1980, Jul 29, 2018.

1. LisaBeatrix1980

LisaBeatrix1980 PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this in their dog? I noticed it this week, it must be relatively new but he was being treated for a stomach upset and constant paw licking, while putting his dermatology cream on I noticed it. The vet said he’d not seen anything like it but to take him back next week as he is already on antibiotics so he was hoping it would also take down this ulcer. 4 days in and it’s exactly abs it was, so any help/advice anyone can offer would be great. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Senior

I would be back at the vets now I think.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I would take him back to the Vet with that.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

Has your dog had any blood tests recently?

Edited to add that beagles are a breed predisposed to kidney disease (i'm assuming you have a beagle from your avatar) and ulcers and upset stomachs are symptoms of this.

I would be going back to your vet.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice