Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mouse severe weightloss extended abdomen???

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by chaziwanek, Sep 10, 2013.

1. chaziwanek

chaziwanek PetForums Newbie

Please can any one help me. I have 4 female fancy mice. Two days ago I noticed one of them having a very extended abdomen, she has lost an incredible amount of weight and her spine is clearly visible. It seems to be curved slightly. Her fur is very ruffled looking. It is very distressing to see her suffering. Any one any ideas what it could be?

2. HazelandDan

HazelandDan PetForums Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Your mouse sounds very ill, you should take her to the vet to get checked out.

3. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Weight loss in mice is usually pretty serious on it's own, combined with the extended abdomen and the fact that you can now feel her spine, the spine is curving and her fur is ruffled it sounds like your little mouse is very, very ill. I've had mice that have become that way over many, many weeks of illness and vet treatment and they haven't been able to recovery and have had to be pts :( Please get your little mousie to the vet to give her a chance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice