Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mouse food?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by WelshYorkieLover, Jan 19, 2012.

1. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

What brand of mouse food do you feed your mice? I want to get their diet healthy!

2. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Adult mice have the same nutritional requirements as adult rats. IIRC you have rats so you can feed them the rat mix. If you don't have rats then you can google 'the shunamite diet', or you can buy several different commercial mixes and mix them together.

3. WelshYorkieLover

Thanks! I have been feeding rat food to them. I'm gonna order that food you mentioned! It sounds like there's a lot of variety in there!

4. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

The shunamite diet is one you mix up yourself :) There's the version based on rabbit food which is easier to do as you don't need to supplement it, or there's the version based on straights which has a lot more variety but it a bit harder for the beginner as it needs calcium and vitamin D supplementing.

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Mine has selective mouse with apple and hazel nut as his main but he has a bit of my rat mix and fresh but he likes the selective food best

6. WelshYorkieLover

Thank you both so much! Is it the same thing on ratrations?

7. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Rat Rations is straights, so yes :) Just make sure each piece of the mix is quite small as mice obviously don't eat a lot in a day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice