Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mouse cage size

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Tapir, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

What are good cages for mice?

Which are good for 3-5 mice?

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

A Freddy 2 would be perfect for 5 mice, something like a Furplast Mary would be good for 3, You will need to make sure they are meshed if they are small mice though, if you find a cage you like the look of though you can google mouse cage calculator and check the dimensions to see how many mice it will take. My absolute favourite mouse cage is a Hagen Big 1 but they are hard to come by 2nd hand and they are expensive new :(.

3. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

what if I meshed my Furplast furet plus?

they'd have plenty of space! :D

What size mesh will they need and how could I do it so there are no sharp bits?

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I used to get mesh from Wickes but they stopped selling it :( apparently homebase sell some that is similar but I havent checked it out, I think its about 5mm, if you decide to mesh it let me know and I'll get some better pics of my meshed Freddy. Its pretty easy though, I just cut it to size then use loads of cable ties to fasten it in place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice