Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mouse advice

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Firefang, May 6, 2019.

1. Firefang

Firefang PetForums Newbie

I have been looking into adopting mice for over a year. I ran into a pair of males housed together in a pet shop after they had been returned by a family who found them to be too much work. I have them currently housed in separate cages, however these are far too small. Obviously, I am looking to save as much money as possible, as I like to have around £1000 spare for vet bills. But I need two new cages.
    I have just turned 18 and work during school holidays.
    Anyway, I am looking for cage, toy, house, bedding and food options for male mice at a reasonable price. I am trying to find some cages second hand, and am waiting for responses on a Alaska hamster cage, and if I can get this I will likely purchase the savic plaza as well. (To transfer my Syrian hamster into from her Alaska cage, and house each male mouse in an Alaska). I'm not much of a bin, cage fan as I like strong ventilation and easier access.
    I have purchased a shelf each suitable for my hamster cages, which would not be the best place to have a detolf either, so this isn't an option really.
    Anyway, sorry for the long post. I know the basics of mouse care, but any tips would be wonderful! I love to rescue animals- but I am aware that I do not know everything.
    Thanks in advance from my two boys, Percy and Walter.

2. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Thank you for caring for these animals. x I'm have no experience with mice, so have no idea of their needs, but I just wanted to wish you good luck with them, and wish you the best in caring for neglected animals.

3. Firefang

Firefang PetForums Newbie

Thank you so much! These will be my last adopts for a while, as I have 8 rats and 3 hamsters! I encourage everyone to adopt where they can, but I understand it isn't always possible.
    Thank you again! Have a wonderful day!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice