Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moulting

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by messyhearts, Jul 8, 2009.

1. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I am going crazy.

My dog has never moulted so bad in all her life - she's so bad this year. It's a wonder she has any hair left.

I have/use a furminator, I vacuum LOTS, I use a lint roller on my clothes & still there is fur visibly floating in front of my eyes all the time. All guests are complaining - sneezing when they never used to before & some even with itchy eyes. None of these have dog allergies!!!

I don't know what to do. She only has to lie against something to see a visible handful of red fur left where she was. What I could do with is something static that attracts all the floating fur to it :idea: but I have no idea if they exist or if I am just day dreaming.

How do others cope, especially with more than one dog? She moulted last year but no where near this much & she was living with us in a flat so didn't have a garden to escape to at the time. I know it is part & parcel in having a dog but didn't know it got this bad. :eek:

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Yeah I must admit its driving me crazy lately, hoovering twice a day and using the furminator but I still see lots of hair! I think it must be the heat as Cola never shed this much last year, or maybe she did and have noticed it more now we have laminated flooring!

3. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Could it be related to that heatwave?? Gah. It's unbearable. Will have to think about a non moulter if we ever get another dog.

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Yeah I must admit I was looking at those types of dogs because of all the hair but thought Cola wouldnt be too bad as her hair is short ... boy was I wrong! lol

My next dog would be a Lhasa I think ..... :)

5. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i was the same kittykat, get a short haired dog, they wont moult as much.

HA!!

bailey moults a ridiculous amount! its really bad just now but i do think its because of the warmer weather. his hair is everywhere, my mum is going mental!!

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

kittykat likes this.
  7. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

noushka05 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice