Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moult!!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by $hAzZa, Apr 21, 2011.

1. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

It's EVERYWHERE. In the run, on the grass, it's coming off in massive clumps. Have tried the brush but he hates it, so I have to follow him around the garden picking it off his bum lol

2. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Heres a pic, its slowly working its way up his body
    [​IMG]

3. purple_x

purple_x PetForums VIP

I love tufty bunny bums when they're moulting, it's adorable!
    Angel is soooo fluffy so my house gets covered in her fur. I love it when she comes and sits with me though coz I can brush them out.

4. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Yes, I found it cute until I realised I would have to sweep it all up lol
    You lucky cos mine aren't really lap bunnies, just mug you for food then run off with it :rolleyes:

5. Rini

Rini PetForums Senior

Rini is exactly like this right now! I used to sit her on a table outside and pluck all the loose fur off but she got skittish after a vet visit and didnt like being outside anymore so I've resorted to grooming her on the landing... but bunny fur floating round the house isnt really good. (I've been putting her in the run outside to get her used to the noises again).

I only worry about her eating too much and getting a blockage as I can never get it all off in one sitting and its back to the way it was before grooming the next day :/

I tried feeding her a little pineapple but she just took a little bite out of one chunk. Suppose any is better than none! lol

6. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Didn't think about it getting blocked. Now I should really try to do something about it.

Mine go loopy when on a tabe, ended up with fur flying everywhere!

Not a good thing if your very house proud to have a second carpert of rabbit fur:blink:

7. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

My room has a nice carpet of white this week :blink:. He's just a small rabbit not even that much fur but it's everywhere. Going to brush him today see if I can get a lot of it out

8. Rini

Rini PetForums Senior

Lol I dont do it in my room so I dont have to worry about it (but indoors theres no wind to blow it away from you and i end up eating half of it!) XD lmao

I ingeniously decided on a black carpet in my bedroom where rini is kept. And she is grey with a white belly...... lets just say until I hoover I have a grey carpet! lol

I do really worry about blockages tho... but there isnt much you can do about it cause they always have loads of loose fur on a heavy moult even if you groom them every day :/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice