Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Most awful experience :(

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by deb53, May 30, 2010.

1. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Omg I really do feel ill!!!!

My pump in my pond stopped working yesterday and as I don't have "a man who does" I thought I would be brave and change the fuse. Me being a scaredey cat with electrics was petrified doing it but proud that I managed it!

Turned the electrics on and Nope nothing :mad:

I have an "handy man" who comes round on Wednesdays and I phoned him and he said it was probably blocked as I have a bottom skimmer too??? and that he would sort it on Wednesday.

Me being an Arian and also worried about my fish decided to try amd do it.;)

I pulled the pump out and the bottom filter thing and disconnected them and OMG :eek: :eek: in the pipe from the bottom skimmer to the pump was a very large dead frog completely blocking it!! How the hell was I meant to get that out???:confused:

I made sure he was dead first then had to use a small cane to prise him out inbetween trying not to throw up:(

Finally got him out then looked at the pump and where the thing (not very technical minded!!) that spins round is I saw a tail :eek: :eek:. A bloody fish was caught in there so once again had to prise it out!!!!.

Couldn't get the connection to screw back together again because of my arthritic wrists so had to call a neighbour......

.......BUT the pump is now working :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jeez I didnt realise pond fishkeeping was so bloody gruesome:eek:

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

In our old Koi pond (before it was dismantled) we once had a blockage in the inlet drain to the filter.

I spent an hour thinking for reasons as to why there was no water coming down the mini waterfall into the pond, when I suddenly spotted a dead vole firmly wedged in the drain... :(

3. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Kamakaze wildlife :lol::lol:

The joys of fishkeeping Pleccy eh??:lol::lol:

4. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

That's more like it! :D

You know, that could be a book title. Authored by Deb53, illustrations by Bordie and foreword by Pleccy... :lol:

5. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

:thumbup::thumbup::lol::lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice