Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Most AMAZING Thing your dog has ever done?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by farnhamit, Sep 11, 2013.

1. farnhamit

farnhamit PetForums Newbie

Its simple,
    I would love to hear what your dogs have done.

My lovely Border Collie helped build my lil boys confidence after he had a bad crash, They are like best friends now. :)

Any Amazing Stories? Please share.

2. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

3. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Danny got his head stuck in an empty Monster Munch bag :blushing:.

4. Cheryl89

My dog got her head in my ugg boot and walked around with it on her face :blushing: lol

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Heidi wouldn't go near my OH when he became poorly.
    She was much happier around him when he started treatment and checked his breath every morning, more in depth the day after each treatment.

He finished his treatment and we didnt notice when she stopped (-too wrapped up in the good news!!). Out of the blue, she did it again recently and had us worried until we realised, it was a "routine check up" - Bless her:D:D

We find it v hard to believe. Cant dismiss it as anything other than her knowing how poorly he was and that the treatment was working.

What an amazing little soul.

6. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

The way Lily plays with special needs children...in particular ones with autism. She senses they are 'different' (even before diagnosis) and she really brings them out of herself. She plays tug of war..pulling at their sleeves and trousers and has them in fits of giggles!

7. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

In the first year I had Ziggy, I took over doing a butterfly transect for 3 weeks. For those that don't know about transects, you walk the same route which is divided into sections, and count how many of each butterfly species you encounter in each section, along with temperature, percentage sunshine and wind speed. Over the years, this builds up a good picture of how all the species are doing.

So Ziggy did the walk with me 3 times.

Next year, the warden was on holiday again and I was covering the transect. Some of it was through a patch of wooded limestone pavement, and I took the wrong turning. After a while, I realised and turned back. Ziggy was waiting for me at the place I should have turned.

It was amazing, she'd remembered a walk done just 3 times, a year previously.

8. OttoGrotto

OttoGrotto PetForums Junior

I'm pretty sure Otto knows I'm pregnant - he is obsessed with my tummy and is forever trying to lick it. He was also very protective of me during my early pregnancy.

Herman? Bless him, Herman was never the brightest but he had amazing comic timing.

9. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

Dex has done a few things.

On two occasions, he woke me up in the early hours of the morning when my Mum needed help; her room is downstairs and I was so exhausted I'd fallen into a deep sleep. Dex barked until I woke up, bless him.

He's also a wonderful watch dog and is on high alert the second anyone approaches either our front door OR the family next door.

On a more general level, he has brought me such comfort, and joy, and laughter over the past three years at a time when owing to my mother's illness, life is often almost unbearably stressful.

10. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Mine have "just" been there with me through some pretty major life changes, they have been my company and support. I'd like to say they have kept me sane, but that would be a lie :p.

11. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I suffer from various medical issues, and i must say my girls keep me strong, Lola knows when im not having a great day and will stick to me like glue, Apple has made me walk more which i find hard to do coz of being in pain 24/7, i love watching them together when walking them so it makes the pain all worth it

12. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Jasper has calmed me down from many panic attacks. He climbs up on my knee when i feel one starting and leans heavily on my against my chest and abdomen which makes me notice my breaths speeding up and i'm able to draw in deeper slower breaths instead of quick shallow ones and also calms me. He also fetches things like my medication when i need them without being asked. He's an amazing dog and has brought such joy into my family.

13. farnhamit

farnhamit PetForums Newbie

Thank you everyone, There are some really good posts here!

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I believe every word of that. Dogs know when someone is not right and we should always listen to them. The last time I took Joshua on Royston Heath two dogs, a spaniel and a labrador, screamed when he came near them. He seemed ok, apart from his arthritis, then a week later he collapsed. I swear those dogs knew that he didn't have long.

When Ferdie was a puppy one of our rabbits got out by tunnelling his way out of the run. Ferdie chased him and as rabbits will, the rabbit eventually stopped dead whereupon Ferdie positioned himself over the rabbit, two feet in front and two behind, until I came to scoop him up. After that if he saw the rabbit starting to burrow out, he would stand at the other end of the tunnel and bark at him.

15. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Clover gave me my life back :) I got her just after spending a year in a secure unit, as I was very ill. She gave me confidence and to this day looks out for me every day :)

Daisy has given Clover confidence , and makes me laugh every day.. she's so bloody cheeky :D

16. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

Kes has made me smile ever day since I brought her home - the best gift of all :)

17. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Flint did something the other day that surprised me.

Goldie had been playing with this dog for about 10 minutes,I was walking along talking to it's owner,then all of a sudden the fur was flying and Goldie and this dog were having a bit of handbags.:eek:

We both got our dogs on the lead and we were checking them over as she had blood on her.:eek:

As I was checking Goldie over Flint came and sat in front of us both,facing the other dog as if to say if you want another go you will have to come through me.:p

This was from a dog who avoids any sort of confrontation,it was sweet.:eek:

18. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Bess makes me laugh everyday. :D

19. victoria171168

victoria171168 PetForums VIP

gave me eight wonderful puppies of which two of them saved a family from a house fire

so from the poorly girl we rescued fate has turned it around so she helped save and rescue someone else

20. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Like Dogless has said, mine are my constant companions and as such they are just a part of my life, without them I would miss out on so much, I'd not see the seasons change in the way I do, I'd probably miss out on just sitting watching a buzzard or kestrel ride the wind over my head. In the grand scheme of things my dogs do nothing AMAZING, they don't have to, just being around them is good enough for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice