Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

More Stupid People...GRRRR

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rottiemum, Jan 20, 2012.

1. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

:mad: Out early this morning for walkies before work. Still dark. We go our usual route. See ahead a woman with a dog come out of the flats ahead, go up the hill where dogs get walked alot, she has hers off the lead, but sees us coming (mine's on lead) - she continues up hill, which was fine, as we were walking around the hill.
    Mine was not concerned with the other one, was walking by (they weren't close either), then I hear the woman yell for her dog, who is charging up to mine. Mine's wagging the tail, but the other one is sniffing her bum, then decides to go for her!
    So mine takes offense at this, and turns to defend herself. (I'm holding her back, trying not to let it become a full blown fight)
    Other woman gets there and gets her dog away, never looks at me. Drags her dog off without a word to the door of the flats, THEN puts her on the lead...looking back at me like it's MY fault her dog is out of control (of course it's my fault, I've got a rottie, so it's always my fault :mad2:) - so I said 'you should keep her on a lead' - and walked off. :rolleyes:
    The dog was a brown and white spaniel-type by the way.

Thankfully on the way back we met one of her doggy friends and had a nice chat with his owner - who has horror stories of her own about telling a woman recently to pick up her dog's poo, and being told to 'Go back home to Poland' (she's not Polish, but from a different European country altogether) But you get the idea.

What is wrong with people???:(

2. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

They are people - enough said:D

They never want to admit that it may be their dog at fault, just like you meet people who will never admit that it is their child who is the little brat, not the other one.

People don't seem to have confidence any more. If one of my dogs caused a row, I would be the first to apologise. But I have also found that apologising does nothing but bring on a barrage of insults about how they are too big for me to control. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort.

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I know not all dogs have reliable recall and sometimes even well bahaved dogs have an off day and do run up to on lead dogs but the very least she could do is to appologise :mad:. What a horrible person to say that to your friend, the person leaving the dog poo was obviously a fine upstanding pillar of the community :rolleyes: I was once out with a friend who was racially abused, the things he said were disgraceful, we went to court about it and apparently hes known locally for being a nasty character whos attacked people and dogs on several occasions, I see him regullarly and hes never tried anything with me, although I wouldnt try anything with my two about so I can understand that ;).

4. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

5. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Yes, there seem to be a lot of these fine people near where I live...lol ;)

6. Longton Flyball

Longton Flyball PetForums Senior

If Clover's off the lead and goes running barking if I haven't got her back quick enough I can never apoligise enough. Clover won't go for a dog but I still apoligise and it's my fault for not getting her quick enough.

People should just admit their fault and apoligise.

I'm sure she was feeling very silly and embarrassed but still no excuse.

7. Honey Bee

Honey Bee PetForums VIP

I've had people do that to me too and blame Honey for their dog being off the lead when she is on the lead and minding her own business. She's ever so clever and can undo a dogs lead at twenty paces without ever going near the dog!!! :rolleyes:

I think many people's manners seem to have deserted them, if they ever had any to begin with.

8. kezza30

kezza30 PetForums Junior

I had to sit on a metro today with two annoying giggly teen girls who had dogs they couldn't control, I saw them drag the girls to get a very calm great dan at the other end of the station, these 2 dogs weren't listening at all to the owners and dragged them off the metro, I would have gotten mowed over too had I not had enough sense to wait behind, I could see that coming:sosp: This poor great dane was not even bothered by it, just lying down near his owner. I hate seeing silly owners who do nothing but laugh at there dogs behavior while attempting to get them to sit still and wonder why they don't pay any attention but these 'dangerous' breeds, rotties etc I have never seen one out of control yet, one did slobber all over the metro floor and was very close to stealing my book too hehe :D

As for dog poo well I don't think anyone picks there's up around here:bored:

9. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

Where I live, some guys asked me if I wanted to bet on a war/dog fight between my dog and his, funnily enough I put her on a lead and went straight home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice