Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

More puppy advice (eating grass etc)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nette, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Nette

Nette PetForums Junior

Hello,

Just after some advice me new pupp and so far everyone on this forum has been so helpful.

Had Roxy since Thursday, shes 8 weeks and 3 days and taking her outside to wee, she has developed the taste for weeds and grass between our patio bricks.

Husband out weeding at the moment, but it is a very very long jod as whoever put the things down decided to use tiny bricks with nothing to stop weeds.

We keep taking the stuff out of her mouth, but if we miss some (she only tends to do a wee outside if we are not looking) will it hurt?

Thanks,

Net X

2. rona

rona Guest

Don't worry about grass at all but some of the other weeds may upset her tum. Dandelions for instance

3. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

part of the growing up process...exploring, smelling tasting ect.

4. Nette

Nette PetForums Junior

The weeds are really really small, so can't even tell what they are. At least I don't need to worry about the grass. Thank you

5. rona

rona Guest

I wouldn't worry to much anyway, nearly all puppies do this, just have to put up with the consequences sometimes ;)

6. Nette

Nette PetForums Junior

Thank you. You just want to make sure you are doing everything right. X

7. rona

rona Guest

That's what makes a special owner :D

8. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I seem to spend half my life pulling things out of my puppy's mouth!
    The most worrying thing he likes to chew on is gravel but he seems to be progressing onto larger stones now so at least they're easier to fish out !
    As rona said, I wouldn't worry too much about the grass, pretty much everything seems to go into puppy's mouths when they're investigating.

9. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

my 8 week old pup is forever chewing up grass. she goes wild and just pulls the grass out everywhere. she also picks up stones which i have to quickly get out of her mouth.

little rascals, forever keeping us on our toes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice