Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

More Advice needed Quickly!!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by kateaitken07, Aug 15, 2009.

1. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

Roxy has moved her babies and I dont know why!!!

They wre in my wardrobe and they have been fine there.

This morning they were fine. I went up to feed Roxy her second meal and I couldnt find her or the babies. I searched everywhere and found them in my 3yr olds bedroom!!!

I fed Roxy and moved them all back into my room.

Just been up again and low and behold, Roxy has moved them all again into my sons room.

Why is she doing this?! I cant have them in his room!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

She is doing this because it is natural instinct - it the wild she would move them every few days to make sure preditors weren't attracted to the nest site. Keep the son's room closed and she will find somewhere else for them. Maybe your bedroom is too noisy for her. But basically if she wants to move them let her or you will end up with a very stressed cat on your hands.

3. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

muffin did the same with her kits not 100% sure why coz my kids room is noisy but i kept bringing her and the little ones back but tried to find different places in my room that suited her better (she finally settled behind my curtains)

4. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

Pixie did the same, it's a pain in the a*se, but neccessary for her to feel that she's safe! Once she finds the best spot she'll settle down...
    x

5. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

Yes this is perfectly normal Twinkle moved her kittens 4 am !!!! one morning had the whole house up!!

6. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

Thanks, shes had me and my husband up since silly o'clock because she was trying to move them again (out of my sons room) and she needed help!

She back in my room where she carried the babies but she's not settled yet. My room is VERY quiet, maybe she's just realised that lol.

7. lauren001

lauren001 PetForums VIP

You should probably put her in one suitable quiet safe room and close the door so she cannot go hunting for other places. If she gets too upset with interference she may abandon them altogether.

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

mum cats do this...selecta has gone from her box, to behind the chair, then behind the sofa, then under the table, and now they are everywhere, as they walk now...I just let her get on with it..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice