Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mooface Christmas Adventures!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Set_Nights, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

I really like being back in Aberdeen to visit, it is lovely to see family and there are so many nice walks here that we can enjoy together. I kind of feel guilty because if I lived like this permanently Mia would get so much more variation :(.

Aberdeen beach sunrise:
    [​IMG]

Blacktop walk:
    [​IMG]

The terrible twosome, where one sniffs the other has to sniff too!:
    [​IMG]

My parent's dog, Travis... he will be 12 next year :eek::
    [​IMG]

Poserface:
    [​IMG]

A bit optimistic:
    [​IMG]

This was so funny, every time my dad tried to stand on the rock Mia would run over and give him a shove :p:
    [​IMG]

I really like this scene but I also think it is a bit depressing, apocalyptic even!:
    [​IMG]

babycham2002 likes this.
  2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Those pictures are really gorgeous and the thought of Mia pushing your Dad off the rock made me giggle....then the apocalyptic scene gave me a chill :eek:. Glad you both had a good time away!

3. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Great photos, loving Mias optimism :D

4. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

These ones were taken at Drumoak. I think this must be Mia's favourite walking place of all time She goes absolutely mental, leaping all over the place and doing zoomies once we reach the water front and where all the dead ferns are that she loves to leap through :). She found a putrid fish this time as well which made her even more hyper than usual and she needed the 2nd ever bath after rolling in it :eek:. It was absolutely honking and I had to sit in the back seat with her on the way home :(!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

Lol, it was really funny... I'd love to know what is going on in her head sometimes! She wasn't even jumping on him, she was putting her paws on the rock next to him then giving him a big shove with one of her paws :p. I think she thought it was a game, she always does behave a little cheeky towards him!

We are off back home tomorrow to the daily grind, wish I could live like this all the time!

6. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Wow that first pic deserves to be on canvas

7. CKD1

CKD1 PetForums Junior

Wonderful pictures, Mia is gorgeous :001_wub:

8. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

I totally agree with this, what amazing pictures. Shame you have to go back to the daily grind, but wonderful you have these places to return to when time allows.

9. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

Lol, thank you :eek:. You sound like my mum :p, she really likes that photo and wants me to do something with it. I never feel very confident with the more "arty" photos I attempt to take so I normally just stick to trying to get snap shots of Mia as I love having memories of her regardless of what the photo is like!

Thank you :). Also welcome to the forum... I just saw your intro thread. Hopefully I'll get to see some photos of your cuties too ;)!

10. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Is that the bridge a Culter? There used to be a famous Great Dane breeder in Drumoak - can't remember her name but I will.

Where in Drumoak were you walking?

The photos are great - presumably that was Aberdeen beach in the first pics?

11. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

The first photo is Aberdeen beach, yup. The rest of the photos in the first post are from Blacktop... just south of kingswells in the counteswells area. That is just a few mins drive from my parents house and a lovely walk. I'm not sure of the name of where we go in Drumoak... there is a bridge that crosses the Dee and we stop at the roadside just before the bridge on the Drumoak side and walk through the woods there. Keiths' Muir maybe? It opens up onto a playing field/picnic area and then you can walk along the river front :). The bridge shown is the one beside Drumoak that we park near. Can't say I've ever seen any Danes in the area.

Do you still have family in Aberdeen or ever take your lot up hear for walks? There are some lovely areas :).

12. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

wow set nights you have kept them photo taking skills under wraps!!!!
    Im so jealous
    absolutely amazing
    Mia looks gorgeous!!

13. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

That 1st picture is stunning, sounds like you had a fab time :)

14. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

Thanks :eek:. The scenery here is really lovely though and probably sells itself! It really is so peaceful. There are probably similar walks back home in Edinburgh but I just haven't found them yet :confused:.

15. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Yes my family are still in Aberdeen - can't say I have ever been on the walks in Drumoak - still can't remember the name of the couple that breed fawn danes there but they own the large refrigeration business in Aberdeen. I know Kingswells very well - lovely area.

16. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Gorgeous sun rise - just stunning :)

I love optimistic Mia - that really made me smile :D

And lovely photo of her in front on the bridge, stunning scenery and even more stunning Mia :)

17. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

I wonder if they are still there... haven't met many Danes in Aberdeen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice