Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Monitor if your dog is getting enough exercise

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by jamesmills, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jamesmills

jamesmills PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

I would like to get some feedback on an idea I have had. You will all be aware that you can use your mobile phone to track yourself if you are doing a run. It will use GPS to track where you have run and how many miles you have run etc. You can then have this information displayed on a map online along with stats.

There is GPS tracking for dog so if you loose your dog you can find them but I have yet to find a system that an be used to track stats from your dog walks.

Would anyone be interested in a devise that you can use to track the miles your dog walks on a walk which would also be used to pull information about your dogs breed and age of dog etc.. to work out if they are getting enough exercise along with other things.

Regards,

James

2. rona

rona Guest

I personally wouldn't be interested, but I like the idea and anything to do with dogs always seems to go down well.
    I think it would depend how much it would cost

3. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I would be interested yes, as where we go I have no idea how far it is and I look at him to tell when he wants to go home, btu it would be interesting to know.
    As long as it wouldn't cost too much anyway...!

4. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Might be interested just to see how much ground we do cover but unsure how much I'd be prepared to pay for something I'd probably only use in the first week or so.

5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I had no idea a mobile phone could be used for any of that so I cant imagine it interesting me. I thought phones were for making phone calls.

6. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I would be very interested in this ,one of my dogs likes to be out on walks for hours,it would be intersting to see just how many miles he covers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice