Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mogwai's vet visit

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Jul 1, 2009.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Took Mogwai back to the vet today, he was there a few weeks ago because he'd lost weight for no apparent reason, (he'd been wormed) vet thought he might have a sore throat so gave him antibiotics & said bring him back in a few weeks if he's no better.

Although the vet said he still looks healthy but is thin (though not drastically so to her) she took blood tests.

1st test was for kidney & liver function, the 2nd test is for thyroid function, she thinks he may have hyperthyroidism, so his metabolism is working so fast it's burning the food he eats off before he can put any weight on.

If this is the case he'll go on meds for a few weeks until he's stabilised a bit, then will need an op to remove the thyroid gland.

I thought this was an older cat problem mogwai is only 2 years old!

Better start putting money aside now as the ops around £100, then theres any after care too, but if it cures it, it's worth it, I like my cuddly cat not the skinny little thing he's become at the minute :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice