Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moggy Needs New Home

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by peanuts, Aug 2, 2009.

1. peanuts

peanuts PetForums Newbie

Moggy Free To Good Home

Affaectionate, Ginger, Neutered,female Moggy Needs Quiet New Home To Spend Long Lazy Days In The Garden Or Curled Up On Your Lap!
    She Is A Young 15 Yrs With No Known Health Problems, Not On A Special Diet.
    We Cant Keep Her As We Have A Greyhound That Chases Small Furry Creatures! Also I Have A Baby So Have My Hands Full Already.

Please Help, She Will Be Put To Sleep If We Cant Rehome Her In The Next Few Days.
    We Have Tried All Teh Usual Cats Protection,rspca Etc But No Luck, They Are All Full.

Please Help!
    Contact Me On 07969472802
    Cheers

2. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

hope you find someone, where do you live? what area?

3. peanuts

peanuts PetForums Newbie

hiya

thanks - we are in woking,surrey

hope we get some help soon
    x

4. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

Keep advertising dont get her put to sleep because you cant find her a home please :eek:hmy:

There must be someone out there????

Im going to ask my fiance Later about her, can you put up some pics ?

5. ColliePower

Bump bump bump!!!!!!!!!

6. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

What's the story behind this - have you rescued her from somewhere?

Liz

7. ColliePower

Yes id like to know this??

Have you had her from a kitten?

8. peanuts

peanuts PetForums Newbie

hi guys

she was rescued a few yrs back from a local lady that took in waifs and strays, she was used as company for my nan.
    sadly a couple of months back she passed away, we have been asking the landlord for permission for her to stay with my mum and dad but he wont let her.
    hence we have started looking for a new home for her. at the end of the day she has had a fab innings and has been spoilt rotten the last few yrs but surely its better for her to be put down than left on the streets?
    why do i feel like im doing wrong, i have tried a hundred and 1 things to re home her, trust me.its not my fault my nan passed away!
    I have called, begged and screamed at the RSPCA,Cats protection and battersea, advertised on several sites and all im getting is abuse for putting down an innocent cat!!
    my posts have been please to re home her, if i didnt care i wouldnt be spending every waking hr on here and other sites as well as making tons of calls!
    cheers
    sarah

so guys, if you can help that would be great!

like i said, im not in a position to offer her a home and my husband is allergic.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Can you physically get to a rescue centre?

If so, take her, say she was a stray you found and hand her over.

If shes microchipped, this wont work.

10. peanuts

peanuts PetForums Newbie

thanks but she is microchipped!!

x

11. ColliePower

Hey hun ! Its ok no ones saying you're not doing your best!!!! Im sure you care otherwise you wouldnt be doing this.

All Im saying is hold off a little longer until you get her put to sleep.

I will speak to my OH later about her and see what I can do........

No one is "abusing you" not at all, we just wondered about her history thats all.

Ill see what I can do as Im only in Dorking..........but please hold tight, im sure someone on here (if not me) can rehome her for you.

You got any piccies? that may help?

12. peanuts

peanuts PetForums Newbie

hiya!!

sorry i have had some really harsh comments on a couple of other sites!! we go on hols on saturday so she has to be sorted by friday, i dont have any pics to hand and my camera is broken.its all a nightmare!!

i cant afford a pet sitter at £100 and certainly not a cattery either.

wish i had more time, if you could talk to your OH that would be great, I know where Dorking is a lovely town.

thanks!!

13. ColliePower

Ill do my best hun

Ill talk to him later, I know he'll say "we've got enough" but we've always had cats and it would break my heart if you got her put to sleep :(

Ill try my VERY best

14. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

O dear. This isn't your fault but it is the worst possible time of the year to be trying to rehome an adult cat and oldies are always difficult. The rescue centres have the annual kitten influx (since people seem to be able to sell moggies for silly prices, I haven't worked out how rescue centres end up with kittens at all, but they do), people want to dump cats because they don't want to pay for a cattery, and then on top of that nobody wants to home a cat when they are about to go on holiday themselves. It's a "triple whammy".

Liz

15. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

What a sad situation for that poor kitty to be in. On death row after her onwner passes away :( I do feel for you too as you are clearly anxious for her to go to a home, I really really hope you find somewhere for her. If I could i'd take her. Unfortunately I can't :(
    Please let us know if you rehome her.

16. peanuts

peanuts PetForums Newbie

hey guys

thanks for all your good wishes! Yes its very stressful, I appreciate it sounds like we are dumping her because we are going on hols but its not like that!
    as with everyone, we all have our own problems and oterh things going on and if the timings not right then it cant be helped!

will keep you updated but so far today, lots of I would like to have her but cant, a couple of ask OH`S. So I have my fingers crossed, Peanuts is gorgeous and it will break my heart and my mums but hey ho, we shall keep trying!
    xx

17. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Please do keep us updates, I'm going to ask around :) I would take her in but the dogs wouldn't like it much... any pictures of her?

18. ColliePower

Hiya hun can u tell me if peanuts is used to or lived with other dogs or cats, alsoi if she likes to be indoors or out nore?

19. peanuts

peanuts PetForums Newbie

hiya

im not sure about the dogs, she has always been the only pet. she was originally a house cat but will now go out into the garden to sleep under a bush or catch some dinner, although I think like most, she loves creature comforts!!

no pics at the mo due to technical hitch, will see what i can do.

thanks again and hopefully its going to be positive from here on in!
    cheers
    sarah

20. ColliePower

I hope and pray someone can offer this cat a home my guts are churning after u saying u nay have him pts I hope so much somone says yes, if it comes to the very last minute and all the rescue homes u keep trying. And no one has her and u then decide to get her pts then contact me and we will take her and give her a loving retirement hone I caan assure u that. The timings not brill 4 us either at month, hence I want to give her a chancee 4 someone to grab her as they cud specifically be looking 4 a older cat, so no the timing is not ideaL 4 us but we wud be devastated if she got pts as I'm sure u wud too hun so what I can guarantee if that we wud love her and cherish her forever as she deserves so if u get too far and every rescue u keep trying and every person says no and ur about to make that decision to take her to the vets then Call me or email me and we will take her and give her a home for u. Keep in touch hun u know where I am x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice