Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Moggie had first litter :) but wont let me leave !

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by claire61, May 14, 2010.

1. claire61

claire61 PetForums Newbie

My moggie had her first litter yesterday within a couple of hours, thought she was going to deliver on the living room floor, but i moved her to her box which i had prepared for her. Only a sml litter of three, is looking after them well, but she constantly cries when i leave the room, she is in my bedroom at the moment :)

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

most queens settle down well, but i have had a fair few fosters who are exceptionally clingy and will neglect their litter if your not in sight.

Ive resorted to carrying them and their box around the house with me, including having them sat at my feet if i'm on the sofa, sat in the kitchen when i am cooking, sat in the bathroom when i'm errrm (you dont need me to explain!).

Usually this settles down after a couple of days, but one girl i had was like it for nearly 6 weeks until the kittens were weaning properly! Nightmare!

It seems to happen in the younger less experienced queens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice